Where to get water?

sfelman

I am looking for a good place in the st pete area to get some water for my new tank since I dont have an RO/DI system. I usually get bottles of distilled and mix my own water but im setting up a new tank and don't feel like buying that many gallons from the local grocery store. Any suggestions on where to go?

Depends on where your at I like to go to animal house on 34th st they use red sea salt and for 5 gallons of salt and 5 gallons of ro its usually 8 bucks.

Depends on where your at I like to go to animal house on 34th st they use red sea salt and for 5 gallons of salt and 5 gallons of ro its usually 8 bucks.

I live in south st. pete. I go there for my dog food, etc. Ive seen there tanks before too but never purchased anything salt water related from them. Is it good quality?

Checkout sea life aquariums. Theyre on 34th st just south of 54th ave.

Is this place new? I thought a saw a sign a month or two ago of a place that was opening soon on my way back from the target in that area.

Also, how many gallons do you need?

Have a 20 gallon tank currently with maybe 15 gallons of water. New tank is 46 gallon and ~10 gallon sump so probably gonna need about 40 gallons.

I live in south st. pete. I go there for my dog food, etc. Ive seen there tanks before too but never purchased anything salt water related from them. Is it good quality?

The only thing I ever get from them is water the fish section never looks that great.

Animal house water is cheap too, used to be like a dollar a gallon or something, I was not aware they use red sea salt either, shocked actually. Sea life is nice, not much in the way of livestock yet but has potential.

How is rockin reef these days? I used to go there but they fell under new management. Do they have water for sale?

Last edited:
How is rockin reef these days? I used to go there buttery fell under new management. Do they have water for sale?

Pretty sure its the one on 66th street (A-tropical). I bought some water before my RO unit was running and they tested at 11 TDS on RO so .......... The machines at Publix will give ya that on filtered water. I haven't been there in months, wasn't impressed at all.

Pretty sure its the one on 66th street (A-tropical). I bought some water before my RO unit was running and they tested at 11 TDS on RO so .......... The machines at Publix will give ya that on filtered water. I haven't been there in months, wasn't impressed at all.

Yeah, It probably is, guess its no longer as good as it used to be.

Yeah, It probably is, guess its no longer as good as it used to be.

Some will tell you it's fine. I just didn't have a good experience (twice) so as the saying goes :). The new store in St.Pete looks like it will be a nice place but I haven't bought anything yet. Waiting to get my new build done then I will give a shot.

BTW, if you need 30-40 gal of RO, PM me and I can fill ya up a time or two.

mike

I've been using the water from animal house for 6 months don't really have any problems except from where my Windows shine on the tank. Either way still looking to get an rodi

Sea Life is a brand new store in St. Pete and they look great. There are some pics on the 2015 sponsor thread here on RC. We're happy to have them join the TBRC so you might go check it out and ask about water.

Sea Life is a brand new store in St. Pete and they look great. There are some pics on the 2015 sponsor thread here on RC. We're happy to have them join the TBRC so you might go check it out and ask about water.

I am glad to see they became a sponsor! I always try to go to the sponsor's stores first and Coal (owner @ Sea Life) is a great guy. Plus they are literally about a mile from my house!

Back