Which ๐Ÿก๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ  ??

tuttioi

Hi Guys
I have an Aquanano 40 cube tank (55L/12.1 UK gallons), 5.5kg live rock no sump.
30 days into a cycle, no stock yet.
Looking to start my cuc this weekend, then over time some soft corals, 1 shrimp, then some fish.

I've listed what I like, (obviously more than I can actually put in there)

I want a cuc (what's the max amount of these over time would you recommend?)
And fish that'll reside in the different levels of the tank?

Trouchus Snails
Nassarius Snails
Hermit Crabs, if empty shells provided?? Red or Blue?

Which Shrimp?? (need one that'll pair well with a bottom dwelling fish)
`Cleaner Shrimp
`Fire Shrimp
`Peppermint shrimp
`Sexy shrimp
`Pistol Shrimp

Bangaii Cardinal
Clownfish Black & White
White Banded Possum Wrasse
Pink Stripe Wrasse
Hi Fin Goby
Red Fire Fish
Yasha Goby
Purple Firefish
Helfrichi Fire fish
Tail Spot Blenny
Flame Scooter Blenny
Bi Colour Blenny

It would be great is anyone could chose from my list what 'they would put in theirs if the had the same tank

Also what order in introducing?

Be interesting to see your combos, maybe influencing my final choices.

A lot of Q?'s And Thanks in Advance

������

Last edited:
I wouldn't do none of the wrasse in tank tgat small. You can do one of the gobies and a pistol shrimp and maybe a firefish. Also you can do a bunch of sexy shrimp

Pistol will pair with the high-fin goby quite well.
Pick one firefish, they may attack each other.
Probably best to skip the scooter, it's a dragonet and will need a LOT of of pods to survive.
A possum wrasse might be okay, we'll have to see.

Don't listen to the people who posted above me they don't know anything about the wrasses you mentioned.

`Cleaner Shrimp
`Fire Shrimp
`Peppermint shrimp
`Sexy shrimp
`Pistol Shrimp

Id do an assortment of shrimp say a pair of cleaners and a couple peppermints.

Bangaii Cardinal - would avoid
Clownfish Black & White - would work
White Banded Possum Wrasse - would work
Pink Stripe Wrasse - ?? lots of wrasses match this
Hi Fin Goby - would work
Red Fire Fish - would work
Yasha Goby - would work
Purple Firefish - would work
Helfrichi Fire fish - would work
Tail Spot Blenny - would work
Flame Scooter Blenny - no
Bi Colour Blenny - would work

Most of the fish you listed would work fine, obviously not all of them together or even most of them together but your list is pretty good. I really like possum wrasses they have a ton of personality and stay small. Just make sure your tank is covered. I would choose just one of the watchman/prawn gobies you like and go with that one. A pair of clowns would be fine. The thing about blennys is they can nip on certain corals so just be mindful that you could potentially loose corals with them. I like the bi color out of the ones you chose. Avoid the scooter blenny though you can't support one in your tank with that sort of setup.

Don't listen to the people who posted above me they don't know anything about the wrasses you mentioned.

`Cleaner Shrimp
`Fire Shrimp
`Peppermint shrimp
`Sexy shrimp
`Pistol Shrimp

Id do an assortment of shrimp say a pair of cleaners and a couple peppermints.

Bangaii Cardinal - would avoid
Clownfish Black & White - would work
White Banded Possum Wrasse - would work
Pink Stripe Wrasse - ?? lots of wrasses match this
Hi Fin Goby - would work
Red Fire Fish - would work
Yasha Goby - would work
Purple Firefish - would work
Helfrichi Fire fish - would work
Tail Spot Blenny - would work
Flame Scooter Blenny - no
Bi Colour Blenny - would work

Most of the fish you listed would work fine, obviously not all of them together or even most of them together but your list is pretty good. I really like possum wrasses they have a ton of personality and stay small. Just make sure your tank is covered. I would choose just one of the watchman/prawn gobies you like and go with that one. A pair of clowns would be fine. The thing about blennys is they can nip on certain corals so just be mindful that you could potentially loose corals with them. I like the bi color out of the ones you chose. Avoid the scooter blenny though you can't support one in your tank with that sort of setup.
@Grassroots
I was wondering that, as i've done a bit of research on the mentioned Wrasses and nano owners have them. thanks for your reply :) ๐Ÿก๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ 

Hi Guys,
Since posting this original thread, I have upgraded my tank to the Reefer 170 (165L) tank and am now looking for a very nosey fish ;) that'll swim 'All around' the tank
Also need to be compatible with occupants (or at least not bully them)

I have in my tank mainly soft corals and:

1 x Cleaner Shrimp
1 x Firefish
2 x Small Pajama Cardinals
1 x Small Yasha Goby
1 x Small banded pistol

Some suggestions on adding a nosey newcomer have been:

Flame Hawkfish
Canary Wrasse
Tailspot Blenny
Flasher Wrasse
Jewelled Blenny
Starry Blenny

What are your thoughts on the above list.
Or do u have any other suggestions?

Again, thanks in advance from here in Sunny Wales :cool:

ive had two flame hawkfish and both beat my cleaner shrimp, and peppermint shrimp to death so i wouldnt doubt they would do the same to your cleaner and especially your pistol shrimp.

i would avoid. the flame hawk
i would choose the starry blenny out of the group you picked. i love the starries and i will soon add one to my 90gallon after i move and get the tank stable again

It feels like all I do on these boards is recommend possum wrasses, but people keep asking for small fish that swim all over the tank. I have two clowns, a royal gramma, firefish, and yellow banded possum wrasse in a 250L. The clowns are cool, but are a little boring. The firefish is beautiful but is afraid of everything. The gramma isn't boring, but can be a bully. The possum wrasse though? By far the most interesting personality and entertaining behavior. He is always in his own little world, completely ignoring everything around him in his daily quest to investigate every single centimeter of the tank. Never a bully, never afraid, and never stops moving.

ive had two flame hawkfish and both beat my cleaner shrimp, and peppermint shrimp to death so i wouldnt doubt they would do the same to your cleaner and especially your pistol shrimp.

i would avoid. the flame hawk
i would choose the starry blenny out of the group you picked. i love the starries and i will soon add one to my 90gallon after i move and get the tank stable again
Thanks for that Information, i'll cross that off my list.

It feels like all I do on these boards is recommend possum wrasses, but people keep asking for small fish that swim all over the tank. I have two clowns, a royal gramma, firefish, and yellow banded possum wrasse in a 250L. The clowns are cool, but are a little boring. The firefish is beautiful but is afraid of everything. The gramma isn't boring, but can be a bully. The possum wrasse though? By far the most interesting personality and entertaining behavior. He is always in his own little world, completely ignoring everything around him in his daily quest to investigate every single centimeter of the tank. Never a bully, never afraid, and never stops moving.
Had my eye on a banded possum at my LFS :spin2:

Have Both?

Have Both?

Guys,
Could I have one of the Blennies (Tailspot or Starry) and the banded Possum Wrasse?
Thanks Again

Information is power:fish1:

Back