Which 250 bulb?

bigloggerhead

Its time for me to change my bulb and I've been running a dual end Geisemann Coral. I'm looking for a good 14k bulb. I've got it narrowed down to Hamilton, Ushio, or Iwasaki. They're all about the same price so that's not really an issue. If anyone has any suggestions or experiences with these bulbs please post.

No I like it but its like $40 more than any of the others. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these other bulbs.

Have you looked into a ReefLux 20K ? Sort of a icy blue closer to a 13K or 14K. Diffidently not a 20K color. Very bright with good par numbers.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14825944#post14825944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agsansoo
Have you looked into a ReefLux 20K ? Sort of a icy blue closer to a 13K or 14K. Diffidently not a 20K color. Very bright with good par numbers.

I've heard of them but always thought they were a cheaper bulb. Not quite as good. I may have to give them a look.

XM 20000k I read was a good bulb and i was told to stay away from the 15000k XM , something to do with par. Tru or not i don't really know

Look into phoenix. I ve only had mine a short time but like the look, which is very comparable to hamilton. IME hamiltons fail and lose spectrum very quickly.

Back