Which lighting would you pick?

ineedhungry

Doing a new tank build in a month or so. Looking at lighting options. I have had good luck with AI in the past, but looking at other options. Mixed reef with a high amount of sticks. Here are the options I am looking at.

4x hydra 64's

4x xr30 pro's G5

4x ATLANTIK V4 g2

4x Philips coral care g2

What would you pick?

Doing a new tank build in a month or so. Looking at lighting options. I have had good luck with AI in the past, but looking at other options. Mixed reef with a high amount of sticks. Here are the options I am looking at.

4x hydra 64's

4x xr30 pro's G5

4x ATLANTIK V4 g2

4x Philips coral care g2

What would you pick?

Check out the GHL Mitras 7206's. I like mine a ton !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Coral Care lights and love them so far. O have them running in the deep reef setting and the blue looks great. My SPS are loving them as well. I do not think you would need 4 lights as the lights have a big footprint. They are also pretty easy to work with on 8020 stuff.

unsure with how they fit into the "spread/penetration" equation, but I'm very happy with my G5 xr15. The LFS I frequent most uses AI lights and has one hell of a show tank in their shop. It has some respectable SPS, a ton of super expensive LPS, and as sprinkling of high dollar clams and softies. Their frag tanks all have AI lights over them and they double task them for grow out tanks and sale tanks. They grow and sell everything anyone would want, so AI is at least good enough.

There's no "this is better than that" in my recent experience, but I've seen great stuff from AI and Ecotech. I like the Radion Pro in my tank, but I think that AI is nipping on Ecotech's heels.

Last edited:
Back