Which MH bulb do you like better?

Piper27

I love bengals
I gotta get some new bulbs, its between the XM 250 Se 10k or the ushio aqualite 250 Se 10k. They will be put on my 210 with some blue T5s. I had the ushios on my 100 gal sps tank and liked them... We had the ushio 20k on the LPS tank and the little bit of sps that was in there grew real short and stubby which is why I am using t5s for a little blue. I have never tried the XM's and wonder if I would be unhappy for switching them. Mainly I am looking for good sps growth more than color. Any tips would be apreciated.

I have seen some great results under each of the 10, 15, and 20 K XM's. These were all the 400 watt bulbs though. Acropora coloration and growth showed dramatic improvement. I think you will be happy with XM's if growth is your concern. I'm not positive, but I think they have solid PAR values. Hopefully someone else can confirm or refute that.

Denadai, nice tank! Yea it seems like everyone likes the XM's better from what I could gather seraching the internet. I am guessing I am going to make the switch. If anyone knows the par values on XM and Ushio let me know.

I was thinking about running 4 250's on my 7x2x2 tank with a few t5s for supplement, I guess I will see how that works out when I get the XMs.

XM is a great bulb, very good PAR. I have never used a 10k I like the bluer 14ks and 20ks but I dont supplement.

Back