Which one would you do?

rs1831

I'm going to be setting up a 75 gallon tank and I plan on keeping mostly sps. Which lighting setup would you choose? Why?

2x250watt luman max reflectors with 2x54watt t5 retro
6x54watt ati powermodule
Aquactinics Constellation 7 Lamp T5 HO Fixture
6x54 Aquactinics Solar Flare

Thanks.

Go with 6x54watt ati powermodule :thumbsup:

You will have better colors and will be able to grow anything you would like.

powemodule is good, hell it's very good i did that exact thing for my 75 gallon and it's worked out great.

However now that i'm upgrading to a 48x24x17 tank i wish i bought the constellation 7 bulb fixture for a little bit more coverage and the extra bulb color option is nice as well. But as long as you stick to a 75 gallon tank, the Powermodule will be great.

The 6 bulb Solar Flare will best the 6 bulb ATI PM... The Solar Flare will have noiser fans though, and slightly more heat coming from the fixture (but I wouldn't worry about that). I've owned them both....

my vote is the mh setup also yeah they can be somewhat of a heat issue depending on your setup but i started out with t5s they were ok so i switched to mh then i sold that tank and in setting up my next tank everyone was saying go t5s again they are better color so i went back to t5s nothing every really looked that great so i went back to mh and havent been happier. i am pleased with my color and i run no supplemental actinics.

although ive never had one of those super high end t5 setups like ati :D

thanks for all the responses! How much difference would there be between the ati pm and the constellation?

I have a large lumenbright with T5's on my 70g and I wish I had ATI PM.

GO With the ATI Powermodule, you wont be dissapointed!! Go for 8 bulb if you can afford it.

haha yeah, i have an elos planet II and wish i had the ATI PM instead. That even spread of light sounds pretty good right now.

Back