Will Carbon remove the green stain off live rock after medicating the tank

1bra

Hey guys,

Recently medicated my fish in quarantine for white spot. It fixed the white spot but left the tank green, sand and rocks green.

I used multi cure by blue planet. Fish is healthy however would like to preserve the sand and rocks.

Does anyone know a way to remove the green stain?

Regards,

Hey guys,

Recently medicated my fish in quarantine for white spot. It fixed the white spot but left the tank green, sand and rocks green.

I used multi cure by blue planet. Fish is healthy however would like to preserve the sand and rocks.

Does anyone know a way to remove the green stain?

Regards,
Does this chemical contain copper? I don’t know if it will unstain over time.

Future reference - medicine is best administered in small hospital tank when possible.

Looks like the active ingredients of your medicine are:
4.00mg/mL Methylene Blue
2.00mg/mL Acriflavine
0.40mg/mL Malachite Green

Malachite Green (aside from being an active ingredient in this med) is used as a dye! So I would say it will clear on its own over a few weeks/months, but water changes and carbon will certainly help.

I would assume Malachite Green is also not reef/invert safe - as it is copper carbonate, so assuming it will export copper into the water and that is what the "medicine" is.

Methylene blue is useful to reduce carboxyhemoglobin. Also a dye. Unsure how long they will last on rocks.

Not sure what the rocks look like but you could always try scrubbing them in vinegar or possibly dipping in bleach and rinsing well before placing back in your tank.

Back