Will this coral survive

sample789

I had a hairy mushroom toadstool and my crab cut the head off of it the stalk is still there its a little shriveled up and its getting covered in algae but there are some green tentacles that come out and search the sand around it i dont no if this is part of the coral or a hitchhiker staying inside it im just wondering if i should just pull the coral out or if it might survive

142ca7fd.jpg

37ba2a0e.jpg

it might be on its way out, whats the lighting situation? how close to the top? how often you doing water changes? what size is the tank and how much water change?... i have gotten several in my tank that did not ook good or were whiting out and now look great, i change out about 2 gallons a week, thats a little over the 10% but it makes my tank grow and everything is looking good,

if you unsure if its alive or not, move it closer to the top, and change water out, try and keep the algae off it if possible, if it is alive it will with more intense light and better water, whenever i cut any corrals in my tank back i immediately up the water changes to double to help give the nutrients needed to recover

Time will tell. I know it probably looks bad but you got to let it hang in there for awhile. (a month at least) GL.

It's ina 55 gallon tank with a 4\54 watt light and I do a five gallon water change every week and add evaporated water and vitamins asneeded

Back