Wireless Communication Issue

mcrist

Premium Member
I have four Vortechs that I have setup in a master/slave/slave/slave relationship. Two of them are on one side of the back wall and the other two are on the other side of the back wall. The controllers are mounted under the pumps locations which are four feet apart. Recently I have noticed that when I disconnect power from all the units I also lose the communications with the two slaves that are on the opposite end where the master is located. Is four feet too far for the wireless communication to be reliable? Does it matter what order I restore power to the units? I never have an issue with the slave that is mounted directly under the master.

Only the one directly under the master functions properly after I restore power. The other two act like they are communicating by the indicator light but they stay at a constant speed. The master I have set to the long pulse mode but the two slaves never produce a pulse.

I can unscrew it from its current location and move it closer. Nothing has changed so I don't understand why it stopped working.

I originally thought something was wrong with the one controller because it was the only one having the problem but last night the other one did it too.

Back