Worried about my anemone.

NickReef17

Hey Guys, well, i am rather new to the forums, this would be my first post!

Basically, i have had an anemone for just under two months now. the first month, he was doing fantastic. since then, he has moved on to the glass. [not higher up towards the light, just on the glass next to the rock he was on] anyway, he just isnt looking up to par.

In other words, should i be worried? Should he be removed from the tank before he nukes it?

All of my water params are perfect [tested myself] and i have t5 high output lighting.

2rhs5dt.jpg

Heres a picture, not the best, but i can always get a better one if you would like me too. Im new two anemones but his mouth is tight so im a little confused. let me know!

Im really getting into the help that this forum provides and plan on posting often!

I'd suggest putting nem in QT & treating w/ cipro. There's a great sticky at top of this thread about treating sick nems w/ cipro.

Hey Guys, well, i am rather new to the forums, this would be my first post!

Basically, i have had an anemone for just under two months now. the first month, he was doing fantastic. since then, he has moved on to the glass. [not higher up towards the light, just on the glass next to the rock he was on] anyway, he just isnt looking up to par.

In other words, should i be worried? Should he be removed from the tank before he nukes it?

All of my water params are perfect [tested myself] and i have t5 high output lighting.

2rhs5dt.jpg

Heres a picture, not the best, but i can always get a better one if you would like me too. Im new two anemones but his mouth is tight so im a little confused. let me know!

Im really getting into the help that this forum provides and plan on posting often!

That's an H. Mag right?

He doesn't look that bad to me. Don't worry about him getting on glass. they like to move around and be high up and enjoy a lot of flow.

Take a better picture of his mouth and let us have a better look. If it's tight, do worry too much. He's not deflated. However, he could look better. How's your flow. I have t5's too and they love my lighting.

Well this tank is 3 months old but i have a few years of saltwater experience. He just ate a little today but his tentacle are not sticky. His mouth seems very tight so im hoping he will be okay

Tentacles not sticky isn't a good sign. I stand by my earlier post about putting nem in QT & treating w/ cipro.

Back