Worth repairing NAC 9 for sale?

AxiomOfthruth

I have a NAC I picked up 3 years ago when I had a 150 gal reef setup. I had to take my tank apart and step out of the hobby a short while ago and left most of my equipment in my garage. I'm planning to sell my gear but the atman pump in my skimmer seems to have kicked the bucket during it's time out of water. Do you guys think it's worth buying a new rock sp4000 pump to get it running again so I can sell it? The pump and the adapter parts seem to be going for about 130 but I can't find any good information on how much I could get for the whole thing if I did fix it.

That very upgraded pump kit is the one I was talking about using to repair the skimmer for sale. I just don't know if it is worth spending the money or if I should sell the skimmer as is hoping someone will want to order the parts to get it working.

Most people like being below 200 for a skimmer unless it is one of the popular models and they can sell slowly sometimes.

Have you tried soaking the pump in vinegar? Is the impeller or shaft broken. IS it fussed into the pump?

I heard these pumps are loud is that going to be ok with you?

The impeller broke and fused to the inside of the pump. I took it to my local shop and they couldn't get the thing to work or come apart. I have no use for the skimmer myself seeing as I don't even have a tank at the moment and I'm living in apartments now. I was hoping to sell some of my gear from the bigger tank to get a small ten gallon.

You could try selling on RC put a link in the sale for the part and how much it will cost so they will be no questions of the actual cost of the skimmer.

Back