Wtb algae turf scrubber

Keelo

I'm looking to buy an algae turf scrubber to help with my nutrients I'm not much of a diy person if any one builds these set ups or has one for sale could you please let me know thank you !

I'm no help on a diy setup by if you're looking for something to try out look at Aqua-socks.com. They have a cheap setup that I've been using for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Santa Monica scrubbers and they work great. a little expensive. I have the SM 4x. I can feed up to 4 cubes of food daily without increasing nutrients.

Thanks guys, how long can I expect results from these setups ? I looked at the Santa Monica scrubbers but they are a little too expensive.

Jonmf, I think I might buy one of those they very cheap :) can I ask how long did it take for the scrubber to begin working ? Would you mind posting a pic to see how you have your scrubber set up. Thank you I'm curious as to what lighting to use

I just recently made this and installed on my 40 breeder sump

Attachments

• 20160821_162920.jpg
    20160821_162920.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20160821_165745.jpg
    20160821_165745.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1
Jonmf, I think I might buy one of those they very cheap :) can I ask how long did it take for the scrubber to begin working ? Would you mind posting a pic to see how you have your scrubber set up. Thank you I'm curious as to what lighting to use

Really simple. I cleaned the screen two nights ago. Took about 6 weeks before needing it's first cleaning. Simple and cheap. This one by no means handles my entire nutrient export need but helps out quite a bit. And I can see the difference over the skimmer alone. The light is a Wavepoint blu 6 light fixture. Ive
actually noticed better algae production with blu vs white light. It was $40.

557a0b257a5375e8bdf73b9dec7d96ec.jpg

Damn fishuntbike that looks extremely clean! I would buy one from you if you sold them lol how has it helped your nutrients ?

Back