WTB: blue clove polyp frag

nathan1986

Like title says im looking for some blue clove polyps for my gf's tank. Let me know what you have, thanks

70eb8148e73dceaf77f206fe5b18ca5b.jpg

Crappy cell phone picture and the flash went off

Ya as long as they are blue id be interested if you dont mind fragging some. I believe i still have your number from when i bought the octospawn off of you.

They will be going in a biocube 29g so it doesnt have to be too big. Id say at least 5 polyps but whatever you feel like fragging would work for me. She has a frag of about 8-10 polyps of purple cloves and is happy with that, she is impatient in the whole watching them grow part of this hobby lol

Use caution with this species!!! It is highly invasive and extremely chemically aggressive. It will kill LPS and SPS that it comes in contact with and has better reproductive capabilities than Aiptasia. If you just want a monoculture, it is a strong grower; however if you want a mixed reef, it will set you back drastically. Read the "fluke tabs solved my blue clove problem" thread for more info.

Thanks for the heads up tho much apprecited! The clove polyps i have in that tank along with some GSP are all on seperate rocks on the sand bed isolated from the main rock display

It will be going on a small rock off on its own. So it will have no where to spread

Don't be so confident in that... Rhizomes will travel through sand, over substrate, under loose silicone and I'm pretty sure it figured out how to fly in my tank. I would highly recommend reading up on the link I mentioned before adding BCP. I added it deliberately to my 180 with devastating results. I have some neon green majanos that are a much safer alternative.

A fish store I used to work at had some blue clove in a small 25g nano which literally grew up the stalk of a leather coral. It looked really cool but I can't imagine what the leather felt.

Ditto, to the above cautionary tales. I would suggest an alternative coral with a similar appearance.

60.jpg

Blue Green "Sympodium" is typically a much more controllable species in our aquariums. Recently the USA ID of "Sympodium" has been challenged by Knop and he demonstrates that the coral's characteristics make it an Alcyonium. No matter the name, this coral is beautiful, relatively undemanding and hasn't yet taken over a tank that I am aware of.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2014/10/03/blue-green-sympodium-has-a-legit-name-alcyonium-verseveldti/

Good call, John ^^^
IME, Sympodium hates LED's, though. I can grow it under MH or any type of fluorescent, but unless it is shaded significantly, it always bleaches under LED for me.

I have it in a few tanks with LEDS without issue. Reefbrites to Radions. Shaded all the way to full exposure. Slow acclimation has been successful thus far.

The sympodium looks nice actually! And thanks for the heads up guys. Ive noticed her pink cloves traveling thru the sand bed last time i was in there cleaning. Any idea where i could go to get some of that blue green sympodium? That is if the gf likes it when i show her the pic. She says the clove polyps look like "little palm trees" its pretty much the only reason she likes them lol

Back