wtb: Mantis shrimp for $40

naka

I'm looking for nice Peacock Mantis shrimp bigger than 4" like the picture below. I'm willing to pay more than $40 plus shipping. I'm also looking for nice exotic pistol shrimp. Please email me.

2002647971427109286535.jpg

boy are you in luck. Fish Ranch has 3 beauties right now. One of them is over 4" and they want $39 for it.

they have one reserved for me already. ;)

Talk about perfect timing. This is the first time I've ever seen mantis in Houston. My gf was so ****ed that I saw them because she knows there's no way she can talk me out of one now! She's very enthusiastic about the reef tank, but she's not captivated by the mystique of the mantis shrimp. Too bad for her. :p

I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking "mantis shrimp, mantis shrimp". That can't possibly be healthy.

peacock mantis at lfs

peacock mantis at lfs

Hello,

There is a peacock mantis just like the one in the picture in the original post. It is a little more than 4 inches and has great coloration. It also just recently molted and is doing well. It is for sale at the lfs here in Boston, MA. The problem is they are charging 75$!

You might be able to bargain the price down, because I doubt anyone will buy it at 75...I'd take it if I didn't already have one!

The place is called Skipton's Discount and their number is 1-800-PET-MENU.

I hope someone gets it soon since they have it in a tiny 1 gallon acrylic critter keeper case which is in their reef tank...So if anyone is really dying to get one, this one is definitely nice!
-sean

man that's insane...i'm in cali and can buy a peacock mantis for under 30 bucks from my LFS. they always have them.

it's this store called 6th Ave. Aquarium on Clement and 6th Ave. in San Francisco.

i wouldn't recommend their fish though cuz they keep copper in the water so their fish don't get ick. i have never been able to keep a fish i buy from them alive. also their corals don't look the best. but their inverts seem ok. lots of dead critters just lying in the tanks though. the best part about this store is the cheap prices on tanks and equipment and dry goods.

Back