WTB: Return Pump and Skimmer

sfoister

Before I decide to go for new stuff I figured I would see if anything in good condition is available locally.

My current return pump is a 11 year old Mag5, incredibly loud and I can hear it vibrating through the house. I'm looking for something quiet with a little more flow. I've been leaning the Jebao 6000 route.

My skimmer is an equally as old Coralife Super Skimmer and the pump can be heard grinding from the back yard. Been looking for eshopp's, octopus or similar quality.

Yes I know there's a skimmer for sale on this very forum. I don't need something quite that big. :)

What size tank is this going on? The Jebao is a decent pump for the money, but if super quiet is what you are wanting and want more flow I don't know if I would suggest it. Once I turn mine above half power you can surely hear the pump kicking in. If quiet is what you want maybe check out some Tunze pumps. I think someone has one up on here that is local.

Id get a Tunze 1073.20 or 1073.40. The 20 pushes 630gph max, still more than the mag5 and cost around $65-$70. The 40 does 790gph max and runs about $115.00. I love Tunze pumps, I've had 3 silences and they really are quiet.

Back