Xenia...like or dislike

ekoroknay

I just got a couple new pom pom xenia stalks from leftcoastreef and I :dance:love them. They look like cotton balls pumping in the current. I have herd many people say they don't like xenia...why is this?

Thanks again Matt!

No problem, I'm glad you like it.

it can be quite invasive, but I think its the pulsing that makes it so attractive. I've never seen another coral move like them.

Thanks again for the zoas

I think some of the toxin got near my mouth cause now I have the biggest headache and a little dizzy.

anyone else have this happen before? or maybe I just have my panties on to tight.

They can be pretty slimy, but I'm not sure how toxic they are

Zoas are definatley toxic, but some people are more sensative than others

I've yet to get sick from anything, but I've had a cut on my hand that took a very long time to heal I always assumed I had my hand in the tank too much, stung like hell

i started with on little xenia and now a year later it covers over half of my tank i pull out 10 to 20 stalks a month but it just seems to grow those 10 to 20 back in a few days

because it grows like weeds and will take over pretty fast
yeah, but xenia are pretty easy to frag ect, atleast i never had problems getting htem off the rock. I like them personally, but i dont have any in the tank :(

i have like 10 frags in my 20 gallon tank. and 100 in my 75g that are gonna be fertilizer soon. they are easy to frag, but don't leave any stumps on the rocks or the one will turn into 20 baby xenia.

if you isolate it on a small rock in the front of the tank away from all other rock can it be contained or does it jump around the tank.

if you isolate it on a small rock in the front of the tank away from all other rock can it be contained or does it jump around the tank.

Yes and no. Xenia will grow so tall it will fall over, then keep sretching till it touches something and then split in half

Never try and pluck it out with tweezers. I did and the left over particles floated around and now I have xenia in every little crack and crevice. I remove my rocks and scrub the xenia off ever few months, but it comes back

pulsing xenia can also be used in a fuge., they are good for nutrient export and grow like weeds. would just have to have the lights to support them. not sure if all the forms of xenia have the same export qualities.

Back