XF230 Maxspect Gyre

Tombones

Has anyone bought the new 200 series Gyre? I bought one yesterday and so far not that impressed. I had 3 JVP102A Chinese pumps all working fine and no noise but this new Gyre is loud and cant match the 3 Chinese pumps.
On line they say the gyre takes time to break in and then the noise will subside.
3 Chinese pumps $20.00 each better than 1 gyre at 289.00 + tax.
:hmm4

I picked up a 250 on Black Friday, I run it at 60% on constraint mode, it is almost silent, at 100% it makes a slight hum

I setup one on a friends tank yesterday. It's very very quiet and moves a ton of water. I run mp60s and would say it's equivalent to a mp60 I have a mp60 if you are interested in a trade + cash

The company is solid. Contact them and tell them the issue. They will most likely replace--sounds defective...?

I have the 150, I bought it just before the new one was released and I absolutely love it. Best power head hands down IMO. Never had any issues with noise.

I've had a 150 since it was released. It moves a serious amount of water so if you don't see that, something is wrong. I've put mine together backwards on occasion and had similar results. The A/B propeller sets is the first thing I would check.
Mine is a bit noisy, but at 40-50℅ it's fine. Noise is subjective to most though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back