Yellow/orange mouth, black face, thin red fingers... ?

notveryfast

Anyone have a clue? Theres a guy around here selling this rock. I'm going to try to pick it up but just wondered if it had a name... thanks

EDIT: i checked a lot of posts here, but found nothing similar, and also coralpedia and various vendors online... no luck

Attachments

• IMG_8765.JPG
    IMG_8765.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 0
i was just curious... i emailed the dude and he said he had a couple offers for the whole set already, but to email him when i get paid sunday. in the meantime, i was gonna try to find out if it had a name.

Hard to see in the picture but looks most like Solar zoa polyp. I think i like that blue mushroom more than the zoanthids. Hope that helps...

Hard to see in the picture but looks most like Solar zoa polyp. I think i like that blue mushroom more than the zoanthids. Hope that helps...

i was gonna say it looks like a solar zoa. also it looks like the pic has had the colors changed in photoshop. most likely in person it has an orange rim and center with a very dark green (black looking) middle

i was just curious... i emailed the dude and he said he had a couple offers for the whole set already, but to email him when i get paid sunday. in the meantime, i was gonna try to find out if it had a name.

Careful on the "offer" trick. Just makes you shell out more. And turns out you were just bidding against yourself. :smokin:

Anyone have a clue? Theres a guy around here selling this rock. I'm going to try to pick it up but just wondered if it had a name... thanks

EDIT: i checked a lot of posts here, but found nothing similar, and also coralpedia and various vendors online... no luck

I agree with Friday, don't be pressured into buying it.

I know you didn't ask, and I never check this forum but noticed the title. I wanted you to know that this zoanthid is extremely, I mean extremely common and I've seen it around for 15 years at least. It is not rare and I would say it is, as I said, extremely common. I just wanted you to know that as an FYI. The polyps are very small with thin skirts. I'm not going to tell you or ask you what you paid for them or should pay, but these polyps were often given away if they didn't sell at some of the frag swaps I attended many years ago. I hope this helps even though you didn't ask.

Good luck with them.

Mucho Reef

PS. There is a lot more that I can share with you about this zoanthid. I don't want to jack your thread, so if you want to know more, just drop me a PM. Thanks

Last edited:
I wanted you to know that this zoanthid is extremely, I mean extremely common

I'm not going to tell you or ask you what you paid for them or should pay, but these polyps were often given away if they didn't sell at some of the frag swaps I attended many years ago.

+1, just about every reef club I've ever been in has had members giving these away anywhere from free to $5 a frag, these are probably some of the most common in the hobby.

I'd say that rock is worth $15 give or take, and that's mainly due to the blue mushroom on it.

Back