Your Temps

I got my clip on fan for $12 bucks at bed bath and beyond. I had a G.C.

I cooled my 65 about 6 degrees with one clip on fan. I do add over a gallon of water a day to my system though.

Before I had my sump my tank was closed canopy and I would float two liter bottles filled with tank water to lower temps. I also switched my lighting cycle to night time so the lights were on in hte cooler part of the day.

JME

its a 24gallon nano cube and in the summer it get to about 83 so i guess i would like to keep it at 75 so 8 degress would i blow the fans in the back of the tank in the sump area?
~Joe~

02_092005.jpg

Have one on my 15 gallon, works really well keeping the tank at 56-66 degrees, no matter how hot the kitchen gets!

Wow thanks guys but wil that fit in the 24gal tank JBJ and i need to chiller about 8 degress (to keep my tank at 75 and bnot 83) so should i buy one of those and a fan
thanks
Joe

I just cut a hole in a piece of acrylic and put it over the top of the tank. You could also drill a hole in the back of the tank, the sump, or the lid of a hang-on power filter, and fit the IceProbe in that way.

And I do not get any money or discounts or anything from Coolworks, I just like the product cuz it works.

agreed... bought this unit for my temperate Hippocampus sp.

It's just a tidy and novel idea/product :)

If you care to hook it up to a thermostat (available option or DIY), you can get very fine-tuned control.

Agreed, they do work well. I use the IceProbe as well on my small tanks... including my 10 gal dwarf tank.

Tom

Since these Iceprobes are thermoelectric, can they be cooled to less than ambient room temps? In the summer, we keep our thermostat at about 79-80.

My 15-gallon tank is kept significantly below ambient room temp (more than 5 degrees below room temp) using one IceProbe thermo-electric chiller. Can't say how it would work on a larger tank, though.

um quick question.... For those of you who have the clip on fans and other fans... on the nano cubes where are they blowing to... Like blowing at the tank or do you put in on top of the tank blowing at the top of the tank
Joe

Clip it near the edge of the tank, and let the air blow across the water surface. You'll get more evaporation, so make sure you top off with fresh water regularly.

I had upgraded my 3 gallon eclipse with a bright lights 13 watt kit from AH supply and it was running 82-83! I went up to the local radio shack and got two of the smallest fans they had and wired them to a 12v transformer I had around. One is on the front left blowing in at the light and water surface and the other is on the back blowing out. With the lid closed I found I have to watch it and turn the fans off when the lights are off they really make a cool breeze through there. I've been running right at 78 at the high and with the fans off I'm at 76 because of no lights. That little light over 3 gallons really surprised me how bright it was too but that's a diff. topic.

Back