Zoa Eating Nudibranches and Temporary Coral Home

KRASHPD

Well, it is finally time to break down the big tank and put everything into the two smaller tanks. They are 20g and 30g tanks with hang on protein skimmers and 150 HQI lights. I will be doing frequent water changes (1-2 per week) while the fish and corals are in them. I don't have many fish and only two fish that I would consider medium size (4-5 inches). All the clean up crew will live in the tanks as well.

How long do you think I can keep things healthy in these tanks without live rock or all the great filtration we have in the main systems?

Also, I recently discovered that I had the Zoa Eating Nudi's as well. I plan to dip the corals as I do the transfer and then dip them a couple more times over the next month while they are in the small tanks. Everything should be very clean before they go back into the new big tank. Does a dip of Fresh Water followed by a dip in TMPCC sound like the best solution for now?

Thanks for the help.

Krash

No need for the TMPCC, fresh water dips will do the trick. Just make sure you do a few of the dips with a few days in between treatments. HTH

Thanks! It is kind of working out as a good situation to get this pest treated and not be that much extra work. How long for the fresh water dips? I have read everything from 5 mintues to 15 mintues.

I did every other day for 15 min at a time. Swish them around like evolust said. keep up on it for a few days to a week because the eggs can survive the dip.
These are the easiest pest to get rid of, IMO.

BTW, Ryan how are the montis coming along

I'll take some pics tonight once I get finished. I picked up some more lighting-crate and I'm quickly building a couple shelves. One of the tanks has to have some sand for the nasarius snails and the other will be bare bottom.

If possible could you post some pics of your zoa eating nudi's? I am curious to see what they look like so I can avoid them!

Here are the pic's of the 20g setup. It has the CRP bak-pak, little fan, carbon filtration, and a heater. The light is a 150w Aqualight advanced HQI.

20070729019.jpg

20070729018.jpg

Back