zoa ID

Ron Reefman

OK, I admit I've never been one for knowing the name of my zoas. I buy the ones I think are pretty, or flashy, or fluoresce well. I put them in my tank and let them grow as they wish.

However, now I'm downsizing and I'm looking to ID some zoas. First one up is this one. I had a big rock covered with them and now I have 1 big rock, 2 smaller rocks and a few frags. BTW, I recognize there are 2 neon green rock flower anemones on the big rock. They are babies from my 2 big, colorful rock flowers.

I think I know what these are, but I'd love to have some confirmation. Thanks.

I think they look like eagle eyes, an oldie but a goodie. No matter how many high dollar morphs I've seen and often drooled over I always stop to admire a good size colony these.

Thanks. Now I remember that is what somebody called them when they were over looking at my tank. I looked at a zoa ID site and thought they might be Blue Eyed Devils, but going back and looking at more of the Eagle Eye photos I believe you are correct. I appreciate the help and I'll have more as I get zoas cleaned up.

first pic looks like whammin watermellons, second pic looks more like eagle eyes
ww have more neon green skirts and reddish orange center, eagle eyes skirts are more yellow and center is more orange, if the frag is from the first colony it could have lost some color from fragging, its sometimes hard to tell from online photots but if you have seen both side by side its easy to tell the difference.

Back