Zoa or paly?

Dirtyburger

Came with a rock I recently got. I wanna remove the rock and the zoa,paly is there any real danger of pulling it out of the water into a bucket?

Sorry forgot the picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105-120603.png
    Screenshot_20240105-120603.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Came with a rock I recently got. I wanna remove the rock and the zoa,paly is there any real danger of pulling it out of the water into a bucket?
They sorta look like people eaters (if they have a green mouth then it's possible) which unfortunately some people say are zoas and others say palys.

Danger is minimal if you don't have any open cuts or rub your eyes after handling.

They sorta look like people eaters (if they have a green mouth then it's possible) which unfortunately some people say are zoas and others say palys.

Danger is minimal if you don't have any open cuts or rub your eyes after handling.
Ok I've been reading horror stories and I've managed to get myself all worked up 😂

Ok I've been reading horror stories and I've managed to get myself all worked up 😂
Well stories from people who've really had it happen to them are definitely scary and shouldn't be disregarded but they are likely only a fraction of a percent of people who have handled zoas/palys.

Dumb question but when I remove them will the water have palytoxin in it ?
I’ll defer to more knowledgeable people here, but I believe they only release the toxin when their tissue is damaged. Honestly, I’ve never had Palys in over 30 years in the hobby.

I've had a tank for few years and stayed away from them and started a new tank got some established rock and of course I find a few . I wore gloves and goggles and washed my hands about 14 times 😂😂

Back