Zoanthid QUESTION!

suppressivefire

Hello,
I have a very improtant question and i would like to know what is the best lighting for zoa's and palys? what gives best color and and growth. thanks in advance!
also can lighting change their color?

yes it can change the color depending on the light. Lighting depends on your size tank. Are we talking about the 10g or a bigger tank. I am currently building a canopy for my aquapod to house a 70w DE MH retro and 27w PC actinic. I am thinking of using a 20kk bulb and the PC just for dusk/dawn. The intensity and the color of the lamps give zoas their color. If you do search on here you will find a ton of information on lighting. hth

Well if you can keep the temps down it will work. I have heard good things about the Phoenix 14kk lamps, but it you want color I think that a 20kk would be better.

I'm an XM guy when it comes to MH bulbs and the 15K ones have great color. I don't even use supplemental lighting over my tank.

right now I have 14K DE HQI over my 15 gallon nano, and my zoas are growing crazy fast, however the colors are not as bright as I like them to be, so I think I'm going to switch to 20K in the next week or so. heat is a big issue with my tank, the MH tend to raise the temp by 3 degrees during the 7 hours I run them. with fans I have the temp to stabilize at 82F during the day and 80F at night. the highest I have ever seen the temp in my tank was 83F and thats when I had the lights running 9 hours per day.

Back