zoas with curled up skirts, why??

sensei

I have around 6 differnet kind of zoas and look are doing same thing, all other coral look fine
zoa.jpg

why do zoas do not open completely??

I noticed that algae in glass of main dt started to grow agresivelly. Before, I cleaned after 3-4 days but after this episode glass is with algae after 1 day.

I was feeding my fish to much but I reduced feedings after seing that zoas do not open completely, I have done 3 consecutive WC of 10% daily, but zoas are still looking the same although algae in glass is now growing as it used to.

I have not made any change in lighting or any thing else in main dt.

I tested today and everything seems perfect in test kits:

alk 7.8, cal 400, NO3 =5 PO4=0.049, salt 1.025

please let me know what you think can be happening and can can I do

Thanks

I'm having the same problem similarly parameters are appropriate. I'm wondering if it's too much light.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

They are not opening all the way. Something is not right, obviously. Try different light and flow. Inspect for critters eating them. Also make sure clean up,crew isn't constantly walking over them. Fixable, my step would be a iodine dip.

If they were annoyed due to rising nutrient levels and you fixed that, give them time. Things don't spring right back after a change. They'll adjust and be happy again. Messing with them more now will not help really.

They could still be adjusting to the new tank. Are they getting a lot of light? If so, try moving them to a more shaded area.

Back