1.2 million Marineland Stealth and Stealth Pro Heaters Recalled

I just called Marineland. They will be setting up a Fedex pickup for my heaters (2x250w pro, 2x250w stealth, 1 100w stealth, and the 2 junk visi-therms) and I will receive a full refund for all of them....:cool:

I just called Marineland. They will be setting up a Fedex pickup for my heaters (2x250w pro, 2x250w stealth, 1 100w stealth, and the 2 junk visi-therms) and I will receive a full refund for all of them....:cool:

Thanks for the update! Now I just need to do the same with mine...

Any other stores besides petsmart accepting the heaters? I really don't want to get the brands they offer

Do you have to show proof of purchase at Petsmart? I am positive I did not buy it from them. Or does marineland just refund? I returned one to Fosters and Smith but they do not have a record of the other one.

Do you have to show proof of purchase at Petsmart? I am positive I did not buy it from them. Or does marineland just refund? I returned one to Fosters and Smith but they do not have a record of the other one.

Nope we just took all eight of our heaters in there and we got store creidt on anything we had 250w ones and they gave us almost $40 a piece for them.. We didn't have any proof that we bought them there or anything and they where really nice about it..

You can also contact Marineland directly and they will setup a Fedex pickup and then mail you a check.

And more importantly, whats a good heater out there? I was checking out the finnex Titanium tubes from Premium. Are they any good? Thought about 3-3ooW with two on the controller and one one its own.

Petsmart gave me $44 for a 300w. I exchanged it for a Fluval 300w and got a $1.08 refund. That is what I like! Money back.

Don't even bother trying to go to Petco to return one of these. I know for a fact that I bought mine from Petco so I tried to return mine to them. They told me that they have been aware of the recall and pulled all of the heaters from their shelves around 6 months ago. I then asked why they didnt notify me about the recall? In return they asked me for a receipt which I did not have. I then had to talk to 3 different managers and explain the recall and how UPG was handling things. Their solution was to offer me one of their "Petco" brand heaters which I quickly declined. They then decided to offer me a Aqueon heater which was the only other heater brand in the store. Which I accepted because of no other option. AND to top it all off, the store manager was unbelievable rude to me and did all she could to let me know she was upset about it, shy of just cussing me out.

This is not a bash to Petco, but more of a warning to those of you who may have got yours at Petco. My advice to you is, take it back to Petsmart even though you didnt get it there, or arrange for the pickup thru UPS or whoever and send them to them directly.

Cheers.

petsmart and petco returns in Carson City

petsmart and petco returns in Carson City

Just went down to Carson City to return my heaters. Petsmart and Petco both offered to give me store credit without a reciept. I wanted to get cash because they don't carry any products I want. I was thinking about sending them back to marineland. I'm going to call them tomorrow. Was any one able to get cash from either store without a reciept?

i did not get cash from them but they will give you store credit. i took mine back to petsmart and got three 250 heaters made by aqueon they look like the stealth but different brand. plus i got money back because they are cheaper than the stealth. not a bad dal for buing them online and taking them back to a store.

Back