1000 Gallon Build- Here we go- Lots of Pictures

Hi Socaltoaz

Nice video additions :cool:

Like the way you have added corals to your tank, my tank is just set up and stabilising, only a 90 gallon Elos 120.
I bought 5 Caribbean Blue Chromis as my first fish but sadly only have two left as they just would not get along together. i really hope they behave better in a larger environment. as they are a beautiful fish.

Really enjoying watching your tank evolve :)

Mr J&J said:
So to the left of the "T" you don't have the expand button?
No, not even after starting the movie, which sometimes changes with Youtube links. Must be something in the way Tapatalk sets the video link. I remember there was a similar issue initially with Tapatalk with image links on forums when it first came out. Thx for trying, though.

Dave.M

No, not even after starting the movie, which sometimes changes with Youtube links. Must be something in the way Tapatalk sets the video link. I remember there was a similar issue initially with Tapatalk with image links on forums when it first came out. Thx for trying, though.

Dave.M

Just to chime in here...

I'm on a Mac using Chrome. No expanding arrows here either! :(

Guess I'll just have to squint. :thumbdown

Guys with issues viewing the video full screen, have you tried clicking on the video title? For me, that is a link which will then open the video straight from VIMEO on a separate tab, then full screen should be available.

Guys with issues viewing the video full screen, have you tried clicking on the video title? For me, that is a link which will then open the video straight from VIMEO on a separate tab, then full screen should be available.

Thanks. That worked for me!

Now we need to get Socal to shoot HD video! :)

1st: your tank is amazing and the progress you have made on both the house and the build are a testament to your planning and process.

2nd: I have been following this thread since pretty much day 1 and just realized what your user name is since I was saying it as SOCAL TOAZ... I now realize (for others who might be confused) SOCAL TO AZ...

Happy almost New Year!

Hi Socaltoaz

Nice video additions :cool:

Like the way you have added corals to your tank, my tank is just set up and stabilising, only a 90 gallon Elos 120.
I bought 5 Caribbean Blue Chromis as my first fish but sadly only have two left as they just would not get along together. i really hope they behave better in a larger environment. as they are a beautiful fish.

Really enjoying watching your tank evolve :)

Thank you. Im up to 10 chromis now and they are schooling nicely. Other than a couple of chromis when I first started the tank, I haven't lost any fish. Knocking on wood real hard right now as I type! I want to get one other type of schooling fish- a different color- maybe some anthias, will see after the new year and evaluate where we are at that time.

Thanks. That worked for me!

Now we need to get Socal to shoot HD video! :)

Glad thats working. iPhone videos is about as good as its going to get. I have all the gear and software to create HD videos but thats a project for later. No time right now.

Hey! Great stuff! That worked for me, too. Thx.

Dave.M

Excellent. Ill be posting more videos after the holidays. Ill do a thorough walk through of my lights and powerheads, my plumbing, my skimmer with auto wash down and wiper- will also show how I use my waste water to clean the skimmer. Ill post a couple of videos of my water change system- the Reef Genesis and how I automate water changes (thanks to Silef for the suggestion). Will review my water management system and auto top off and how its set up. and we will also go through my sump and how its laid out and how it works. Ill try to keep the videos relatively short but detailed. once everything is set up- maybe will dive into a comprehensive HD professionally produced video. But someone will have to help with that. Maybe one of the companies can send a video crew to document my build if they are interested.

1st: your tank is amazing and the progress you have made on both the house and the build are a testament to your planning and process.

2nd: I have been following this thread since pretty much day 1 and just realized what your user name is since I was saying it as SOCAL TOAZ... I now realize (for others who might be confused) SOCAL TO AZ...

Happy almost New Year!

Happy almost new year to you as well. Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes- its socal to az. As in I used to live in socal but now live in az. I appreciate your comment about the planning of my tank but in hindsight, I would have done a few things differently. I was out of the hobby for 20 years and dove back in. And when I was in the hobby- it was on a serious budget. Today, with this build, this was a money no object build but there are things that I didnt plan for.

• Im not crazy about my plumbing. It could have been cleaner.
    I would have set up the water management different.
    I didnt plan properly for the Reef Genesis
    When laying the slab, I would have made sure the pipes underground were placed in the exact spot they needed to be
    I would have planned better for an Apex system
    My wire management in the fish room should have been cleaner

All in all, Im nitpicking but thats how I am. I want that ever ending goal of perfection and a clean look. We are 95% there but that last 5% is what counts. Either way, please don't think of this as complaining, this is what is called first world problems. But if I was to do it again, id do it almost the same way but slightly better.

But if I was to do it again, id do it almost the same way but slightly better.

That is great, 95% after all those years is excellent! That also means that you learned some throughout... And even if you could go back and change those things, likely in a few months or in a couple of years there would be another 2.5% change you would like to do...

I just finished going through the build. Beautiful! Happy new year!

Glad thats working. iPhone videos is about as good as its going to get. I have all the gear and software to create HD videos but thats a project for later. No time right now.

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply you needed to use different gear. Unless you have a really old iPhone, it will shoot in HD. Just a settings thing.

Of course it might be vimeo or TapTalk thing preventing the HD. I don't use either so am of NO help here! :)

I know all of us watching would love to see it grow in HD!

Other cool tricks for tank video with LEDs:
Have a photo preset on the lights to knock back the blue channels. All my cameras freak out at the intense blue LEDs produce.
Use an orange/yellow gel filter on the camera. Sample packs of gels can be found on eBay.

Tank is looking great. Keep up the good work and posts!

Nest time? Next house? OMG!!! You haven't even settled into this one and you're already planning for the next one! :D

Dave.M

Never Settle Dave. I've had a few people approach us with unsolicited offers to sell. If someone comes and makes an offer that I can't refuse, I'll be calling the moving trucks. ����. No plans to sell or build right now but we are certainly open to the idea in the future if the situation arises.

I have to say for all the time and money which was put into this tank, I'd expect this tank to look amazing from the inside. The rocks look like they were just placed on top with no flow or direction. The power cords in the tank. For all that money spent you think you would not see those power cords. Now your cabinetry is amazing, whoever built that did an excellent job.

Back