10g Tank Stocking Ideas

Frost_Hydra

I'm planning on getting a 10 gallon tank from Innovative Marine and was wondering what type of inhabitants I could keep in there. If it ends up playing a significant role with the bioload of what fish I could keep, I'd also mention that i'm getting a small Protein Skimmer, a media reactor, and a tiny UV light (alongside the filtration media that comes with the tank). landscaping wise I currently plan on having 10lbs worth of dryrock and a 2 inch sand bed. I plan on doing a 20% water change once a week.

My current planned stocking list:
1 Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)
1 Halloween Hermit Crab (Ciliopagurus strigatus)
1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
1 Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata sp.)
1 Pederson Cleaner Shrimp (Ancylomenes pedersoni)
3 Super Tongan Nassarius Snails (Nassarius sp.)

Does this sound like a balanced stocking list? or do you think this would be too much for the bio load. Any suggestions are always welcomed for other species I should switch out for.

I’m not seeing any issue with the current plans. May have an issue with the shrimp…not sure if they’d get along in that small of a tank

If this is your first tank, I would skip the three different shrimp and go with three peppermint shrimp, mainly because of cost. There isn't going to be a lot of water volume with a 2 inch sand bed and 10 pounds of rock. That isn't a bad thing, just keep in mind there will be less then 10 gallons. That is also a lot of extras to cram into a 10 gallon IM tank. Did you manage to get it all in or did you have to remove the media chamber from the middle section?

Jeff

Ditto on the shrimp. Plus, I'm not sure you'll be able to keep three nassarius snails alive in that small tank volume.

FWIW,
Kevin

Back