120 gallon look down trough build

It's coming along pretty well. I just sold my old 75g and picked up a brand new Deep blue tank. Much happier with it.

Thanks florida ascape. The cooler looking thing is actually the external pump that's boxed in minus ventilation coming in and out of it to deadin the sound a lil bit.

fish

fish

I added a few fish over the holidays.....first, I got a chunky med. orange shoulder tang from Corals and Fins from Lee during his christmas eve sale for $18 and a sm. blue spotted puffer for $15. Second, I picked up a healthy sm Orbiculate Batfish from Ocean Lifers that was already eating mysis shrimp...eats out of my hand already. Nick from Ocean Lifers also Turned me onto a 6'' Marine Beta that is an amazing tame fish that started to also eat out of my hand with in the 3rd day. They also had 25% off live stock till the end of the year.....great prices and awesome customer service.

Attachments

• IMAG0887.jpg
    IMAG0887.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0884.jpg
    IMAG0884.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0879.jpg
    IMAG0879.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0877.jpg
    IMAG0877.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0874.jpg
    IMAG0874.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
I honestly think Im going to keep a bare bottom tank till I complete my list of fish before I add sand. It will be so much easier to control an ich outbreak with no sand than with sand. Hopefully I wont have such issues by the time my list is complete.

I just ordered the impeller tonight and hopefully it will be here by Friday. I ordered the opt 2000....we will c!

impeller

impeller

The impeller finally came in for the aquaeuro usa 200 cone skimmer. The opt 2000 ended up working crazyeyes. Ill post some pics later this afternoon.

skimmer

skimmer

After 8hrs this is what was skimmed

Attachments

• IMAG0902.jpg
    IMAG0902.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0910.jpg
    IMAG0910.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0912.jpg
    IMAG0912.jpg