125 Build Complete

briand7878

I have been lurking on this site for years now but never really posted much. I just finished building my tank, DIY stand, and DIY led's. I have to say it was a huge learning experience. I built the stand using another threads design. I would like to thank him but I cant find it again. The lights are 72 aquastyleonline led's attached to U and L channel aluminum. I recently blew a driver so I have to replace that soon. I know the sump is to small so that is going to be another project coming up. Thanks for checking it out.

DSC_0904_1072x712.jpg

DSC_0905_1072x712.jpg

DSC_0909_1072x712.jpg

DSC_0916_1072x712.jpg

DSC_0911_1072x712.jpg

DSC_0908_1072x712.jpg

The sump is only a 20 gallon. I have used this in the past and it worked great. I installed bulkheads and returns from gl*******s.com and it dumps a significant amount more water than before. I actually used a 20 on a 220 gallon with no problem. It took about 3 weeks to build it all and I got all the rock and sand from a buddy who took his down. I painted the back and sides black because I like it. :love1:

Drew, I'm Not sure exactly what your question is but I built the stand and canopy myself. The top piece just slides around the tank. The material is just poplar plywood.

Sorry. Ill try to explain it more clear haha

At the very top of you canopy, you have trim going around the top. Looks like door trim . Did you make that ... did you out the gooves in it, or did you buy the trim like that ? If you did buy the trim .. where did you buy it ?

:thumbsup: Your stand looks great! Given time for the coral to grow in, which you have plenty of room for, it should be spectacular.

Drew,the trim around the top is just plain crown molding @ got at lowes. There was a slight learning curve on How to but it though. It was a huge pain. Lol

Back