180g or 210g

brad23

I can't decide on which one to do with.

180g = 72x24x24

210g = 72x24x31

I know the 210 will be hard to reach to the sand bed as it's so high. Both will be lit with 3x250w MH.

Go with a 72x31x24... Have the height of a 180g so it will be perfect for 250w MH, but you get more depth to do more with aquascaping.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6939146#post6939146 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brad23
Your right it is 240g. What's a 210g?

Who makes a 31 inch wide tank?

Custom tank manufacturers... Probably can't find one standard.

If you are trying to justify the cost to the significant other, look at it this way. Might as well get the best tank now than have to buy a new one a year down the road cause you are unhappy with this one. ;)

I'd be happy with 180g over a 75g I have now, I'm just trying to see if it's worth the extra 6 icnhes of height or not.

Recently swapped out my 125 with a 180 and certaintly would not want any taller, too hard to work with for me plus I can keep some of my sps near the bottom. Running 3 250 watters.

I have what I thought was a 220g 72x24x31. Its not to bad to work on. If your going with a deep sand bed your already taking away 5"-6" of that 31". Water will hit up to your arm pit from time to time. Bob

24" high is enough IMO, but those 31" tanks look darn near like movie screens. Very impressive, but harder to light and work in.

Wait, look into a 265gal, it is a stock tank and not too expensive its' size is 7' x 2'w x 30" deep. It is a nice tank.

I have the AGA 210, its 29" high and I love it. The 210 looks so much better then the 180 IMO. I was able to see a 180 and 210 side by side before purchase. As far as working on it goes. How often are you seriously going to need to reach the bottum. Lets see.. I have needed to reach the bottum once since I set it up - to place a clam. I also have aqua tongs if needed. As far as lighinting goes, who came up with wag that 250 W MHs only reach 24"? Sure your going to to have more intense light further up, but everyone I know mounts thier coral on rocks not on the sandbed. I do have zoos growing rite at the sand level though.

Also at least with the aga the same stand /canopy fits the 180 and 210 so the cost to upgrade to the 210 is nominal. Check out their new style of canopy that opens in the front. http://www.all-glass.com/products/featured/classicmission/
I love it.

I just switch from a 150 to the 180 because the 30" tall tanks are to hard to work in.No matter what they say there will be a day when need to reach bottom.

Back