2 New Gigs. Time for Cipro?

i dont feed and will NEVER intentionally feed ANY of my new arrivals for about 2 months after fully acclimated. Good lightiing will provide plenty of food for them.

when i feed my fish i turned off all the water movement and wait till my fishes ate all the food. not a pencil size of anything for about 2 months after acclimated.

it would take the nem a very long time to rid off all the internal dead tissues during all the transits to and from all different location and infection, i dont want to introduce any external stuff into the nem.

if you were to do this again, try not to feed it.

So sorry to see you and the nem have to go through this, it stinks.

Thanks all. Good call on feeding the nem, Loganeri. I'm not a fan of feeding anemone's directly. But in this case, I agree with you. It'll serve as a nice test to see if it can handle feeding.

I can only speak from my experiences and what has been successful for me. I will continue to follow my protocol but do respect yours as well. BTW, I did not see any evidence that the OP fed the anemone or stated that feeding the anemone led to it's demise.

i dont feed and will NEVER intentionally feed ANY of my new arrivals for about 2 months after fully acclimated. Good lightiing will provide plenty of food for them.

when i feed my fish i turned off all the water movement and wait till my fishes ate all the food. not a pencil size of anything for about 2 months after acclimated.

it would take the nem a very long time to rid off all the internal dead tissues during all the transits to and from all different location and infection, i dont want to introduce any external stuff into the nem.

if you were to do this again, try not to feed it.

So sorry to see you and the nem have to go through this, it stinks.

Sorry to hear you lost these guys. I had the same thing happen so I know how you feel. I have a colony of RBTAs in my DT and am pretty convinced that they were responsible for the demise of my Blue Gig. If I ever get another Gig I will either remove the RBTAs or have a separate tank for the Gig.

Back