2 skimmers. Same system?

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
Ok so I just got a new skimmer for my next setup. I wanted to play around with it so I setup on current system. If u run 2 skimmers on 1 system what will happen? Is there a way to c if one skimmer is better

Roger

OMG.. stop.. you will create a black hole that will suck in all lifeforms for miles around..:D

Its fine.. and yes assuming both were properly broken in that would be a decent way to compare skimmers.

Are two skimmers rated for 200 liters as effective as one skimmer rated for 400 liters?

Had two MINI180's on my 180g and the one close to the water in always pulled more gunk out than the other. Swapped them around and same thing.

There is no exact science, but I'd alway double your water volume (or half what the vendor says a skimmer supports).

I run two skimmers, glad I have them, but could technically have 650gal system, reality is I have a total of 125gal water volume.

Cool, im in the situation my sump needs more skimming, but dimensionally it only can accommodate two rated at 180 gal. glad to hear it works!

Back