2009 Tennessee Reef Aquarium Expo and Frag Swap

Brian I am not sure how the raffle is done and I am also not sure how many things we will have to raffle off. I was a board member with the National Criminal Enforcement Associtation for three years, we hosted two different training confrences a year the bigger one being around 400 police officers for a 4-5 day event. We used to raffle off an item at a time. It doesnt take long for people to stop buying tickets when they threw $30 in there and they walk away with a ball cap. (when the hat is worth like $10) What we did was started making raffle packages. We would take say 5 to 10 items and put them together and that was one prize. The people spent more money this way knowing if they won that they got a much better prize. I would say we more than doubled our money doing it this way. Just an idea from me but it worked for us. Another thing we did was take like 3 or 4 large prizes and made them a $5 ticket raffle. Of course we were using guns,free registration to next training class (worth $275) and other larger or more expensive items. Of course each one of these items would be the prize itself. Just ideas but I thought I would throw them out there.

The raffle will include several items. Each will have its own box, and you purchase tickets and put as many tickets as you want into the boxes of the items you want. That way you are only putting tickets in on something you want :) Then we pull the tickets at some point during the raffle. The system works pretty well :)

Rhett - As Jack said, each item gets it's own tickets, so things that are less value people might only throw in a ticket or two. Bigger items obviously attract more tickets. This allows people to only get what they want, buy tickets based on the number of things they want, and gets people to consider the total number of things we have when figuring out how many tickets to buy. I'm not saying there may not be a better way, but this way seems to work quite well for the people winning things (most people get stuff they actually want) and, as long as we have a good pool of items to raffle, we shouldn't have a problem selling tickets.

Over the years we've tried out a few different methods and randomly raffling things from a single pool of tickets was definitely not the way to go. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wow, wetthumfrags are coming along ways! Awesome, they have some great looking stuff, this is going to be a GREAT Expo Brian!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13929016#post13929016 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sandalscout
Wow, wetthumfrags are coming along ways! Awesome, they have some great looking stuff, this is going to be a GREAT Expo Brian!

Yeah, they are coming in from Cali.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I started up a google ad campaign which will be running for the next month leading up to the swap. I think most people have heard about it, but we are targeting our region and a few reef related keywords. I imagine some of you might run across some of the ads in your normal internet searching.

If you know about the swap and how to find this thread or our reef expo website, please do not click on the google ad. We only pay for the ads that get clicked, so if you click one, the club will have to pay for it. It will also give me an unrealistic measure of how many people have visited our site from the ad.

Since Sunday night around midnight we've had almost 800 impressions (appearances on peoples webpages) and have gotten 3 clicks to our webpage. That may sound low in comparison to views, but it isn't all that surprising to me and at least we "know" that the people who click on the ad are interested and saw the information we really wanted them to.

I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

wow, honestly, if the 3 clicks AREN'T people who already knew about it 3/800 is an AWESOME click through percentage.

Let me know if there is anything i can do to help. I am limited on what i can do with my work schedule. I am happy to do anything i can.

There are ways to post events through myspace and facebook to an area accessible to the entire user base... I don't know what they are, but I know you can.

hey brian....sent ya a pm about some raffle item donations i'm gonna have to donate. let me know when & how i can get 'em to ya
:D

few pieces of my leftover rock (one piece is pretty big)
(2) 120mm pc fans....might be able to make it (4)
(3) 1.5" bulkheads

Back