2015 CTARS BOD Nominations

That was my intention to bring some levity to the situation. Now back to the pizza. I can't run until I've eaten the pizza need the energy but the I can't run after the pizza cuz I'll be stuffed. Ehh will just eat pizza then. Lol

Just a thought, but what if a thread on RC is not the best way to have this kind of a conversation? The fact that drama erupts every year could be a compelling reason to rethink the vehicle for this discussion.

Here's a possible alternative: What if candidates had a chance to give an in-person spiel at the meeting before the next election? The obvious objection is that many members don't/can't attend the meetings. I have two thoughts about that: (1) this would be announced far enough in advance that folks could figure out their schedules to attend if they were really passionate about it, and (2) the technology exists that these 5-10 minute talks could easily be recorded and put online for absent members to watch before making up their minds.

Common sense tells me that people do and say ridiculous things online that they would never say to peoples' faces.

Just a thought, but what if a thread on RC is not the best way to have this kind of a conversation? The fact that drama erupts every year could be a compelling reason to rethink the vehicle for this discussion.

Here's a possible alternative: What if candidates had a chance to give an in-person spiel at the meeting before the next election? The obvious objection is that many members don't/can't attend the meetings. I have two thoughts about that: (1) this would be announced far enough in advance that folks could figure out their schedules to attend if they were really passionate about it, and (2) the technology exists that these 5-10 minute talks could easily be recorded and put online for absent members to watch before making up their minds.

Common sense tells me that people do and say ridiculous things online that they would never say to peoples' faces.

I think this is a good idea. I am definitely tired of seeing this every year and it makes us look bad. Also, not to be mean, but if individuals couldn't make it to the meeting where they were to give their speeches they may not be the best candidates for the job as they are required to go to all of the meetings as part of their BOD responsibilities I think...(I could be wrong on that point but that was my understanding)

I think this is a good idea. I am definitely tired of seeing this every year and it makes us look bad. Also, not to be mean, but if individuals couldn't make it to the meeting where they were to give their speeches they may not be the best candidates for the job as they are required to go to all of the meetings as part of their BOD responsibilities I think...(I could be wrong on that point but that was my understanding)

i think he meant voting members that couldnt attend not candidates

I would like to rejoin the club this weekend and I would love the chance to help the club going forward even if that means not being on the BOD. I love this hobby and I have made many friends in CTARS. I would hate to see that disappear.

Has anyone asked the three Vice Presidential candidates if they would consider running for treasurer? Based on the comments of Jeff, it sounds like any one of the three could handle the position. Again, another way to keep as many people (who want to be) active in the operations of the club.

I would like to rejoin the club this weekend and I would love the chance to help the club going forward even if that means not being on the BOD. I love this hobby and I have made many friends in CTARS. I would hate to see that disappear.

Very nice to this see this, very cool of you Mason. Would being an active member again allow him a chance to run? Not stirring anything up at all, but saw nothing in the laws preventing this, and he looks to have support from a few. Besides as Icy stated, we need more nominees.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to stir up the drama again. :deadhorse:

I will say that Mason should be allowed a chance to run. Anyone who is a current member (he wants to pay his dues and be a member again and has acted like a member the entire time and assumed that he was a member the entire time...so in my opinion, that makes him a member) should be allowed to run, whether there is drama or not. It sets a bad precedent to exclude someone based on drama that may or may not exist.

In addition, Mason is one of the people in this club who makes me want to continue to be associated with it. I'm fairly close with him and he has almost never said ANYTHING bad about ANYONE in the club. I have to drag things out of him to even find out what's going on and why there's all the bad blood.

Maybe this is a big misunderstanding and you guys can all come to some agreement behind the scenes and not involve all of us?

I like just about everyone I've met in the club but if this is how things are going to run, it's difficult to maintain an association. If someone doesn't align with the board's mission and doesn't want to be on the board, it shouldn't mean that they are forever excluded. That's just nuts. It's not like Mason is some insanely toxic person. He's the nicest guy on the planet. He helped my roommate take care of my tank ALL SUMMER and didn't ask me for anything. He's got a really good heart and I'm flabbergasted that this is even an issue.

So, having said all that, I nominate Mason for President. If he doesn't win...fine but he should be allowed to run. I would say the exact same thing if the situation were reversed and Chris were being excluded (because I also like Chris).

I would like to nominate Aquamama (Amy Clark) for the position of Treasurer !!!!

Reminder, nominations close Saturday - 10/25. Then we will create a new thread where the nominees can talk about their vissions for next year, how they want to make an even bigger & better CMAC (not sure if that is possible).

The we hope to have on-line elections from Nov 2nd - Nov 15th.

Last edited:
I would like to nominate Aquamama (Amy Clark) for the position of Treasurer !!!!

Reminder, nominations close Saturday - 10/25. Then we will create a new thread where the nominees can talk about their vissions for next year, how they want to make an even bigger & better CMAC (not sure if that is possible).

The we hope to have on-line elections from Nov 2nd - Nov 15th.

I second the nomination for AquaMama for treasurer.

Thank you Jeff for the nomination as Treasurer. I will gladly accept!
With my years of working in a bank as an ACH processor and processing new checking and savings accounts, as well as excelling in accounting in high school and lots of years as balancing cash drawers for several different retail jobs, I feel like I have enough knowledge to be this clubs Treasurer. It would be an honor to work with the BOD and all the members in this awesome club! Thank you again!

Please, please, PLEASE go to CTARS.org and register!!! In order to vote, I need to input everyone's email to receive the ballot.

Thank you!!!!

Back