2015 CTARS BOD Nominations

I am not bashing the club at all. I have no revenge plot or any other motives. I am simply asking why is my membership status now in question?

As far as leaving the board earlier this year. I did so because my opinion had no matter in the club business. I was also left out of club business intentionally because the rest of the board knew I would have something different to say about the dealings. It was my assumption that being part of a board meant that all embers of the board had equal rights in dealing with club matters. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

I mentioned that my affiliation with a LFS was becoming an issue. It was because I was caught in the middle of the vendetta that Chriskid and Munchie had with this LFS due to certain wedding plans. I am certain everyone is well aware of this matter. I was caught in the middle and I felt I should bow out, rather than continue to be the middleman.

I hope this summarizes everything that was asked for.

Me again....Are the by-laws posted on the CTARS webpage. If they are not they need to be. I want to see them before this fiasco proceeds.

2015 CTARS BOD Nominations

Can we get a current list of nominated members. This thread has become ridiculous. Its annoying me.

Looks like so far the following members have been nominated, seconded, and accepted.

President:
chriskid - Chris

Vice President:
Sassawrasse - Nicole
vaiodude - Jason
Suicideissleep - Ron

Secretary:
munchie1976 - Missie

Treasurer:
OPEN

It looks like we have three STRONG candidates for Vice President. However we know only one can win. They all have indicated that no matter the outcome of the elections, they will continue to be very active in club operations. I would like to see that their involvement become more formalized. Has anyone on the board considered my previous recommendation of having two non voting members on the BOD? This could be a way to keep these srong candidates involved and help solidify strong candidates for the future.

Yes, and Collin is invited to each of those meetings as well although, he has been unable to attend these recently.
I was invited for the cmac comittee. I was never informed this was to be a bystander to the bod. I do not wish to be involved in the ctars bod

As I see it Mason never officially gave up his membership from CTARS. Just look back at his posts under his name it has always said CTARS member. Short of having his membership officially resinded from the BOD I do not see an issue with his status.

If I am voted for vise prez this will all be change this is sad there is a thing called pm and we don't need to use othere people to throw someone under the bus can we plz keep this thread professional and any thing that isn't pm plz we all have been asked many times this club really dosnt need people that like causing problems

There is already one non voter the attends meetings......me.......

Seagulls,
when matters need to vote the bod meetings only three vote. And one of them is not me.
just want to clarify.

Is this what you meen? Bc two out of four would cause a lot of ties.......lol

I was invited for the cmac comittee. I was never informed this was to be a bystander to the bod. I do not wish to be involved in the ctars bod

You were nominated by the Board for PR in the beginning of the year along with a few other members. This does not make you or Winfrey part of the Board, just an active member of CTARS working directly with the Board.

Another example is Suicide...He has been head of the Lutz Tank Committee all year.

Ok guys this is turning into the same mud throwing type of thread it does every year rather then a sand up on a soap box and pitch your campian thread.

Some issues I would like address:

The bod enlists the help of a few non voting members each year. They can give input, ideas, and coordinate but are not allowed to vote on issues. It's a great way for new members to see how the club works, learn what issues we face, see what it entails to be an officer, and become involved with the clubs inner workings at a higher level. We will always be looking for volunteers and welcome them.

With the issue of certain club members stepping down and leaving the club then asking to run for office. All the decisions that have been made have not been by one person. They are debated and voted upon by the bod, the president does not vote unless there's s tie. The bod does not feel the need to air these conversations out in public on the forum. These matters have been addressed privately and fairly.

We still only have one candidate president, one candidate for secretary and no candidates for treasurer. We need more candidates!!! We need a treasurer!!!!

Icy - thanks for the update. However it sounds to me that the people you refer to are volunteers who offer help on various occasions but unlike the BOD are not asked to attend the meetings on a regular basis. However I imagine some do. What I'm suggesting is non voting BOD's who would be asked to do everything a board member does except vote. Obviously volunteers are very important to the success of any organization but I also think the formal grooming of our future leaders is also important to the success of the club especially when it appears we have several people who are willing to put in the time now. It might be a little late to consider this for the current year but something that might be considered in the future.

Seagull, it is worth considering. It would have to be written into the bylaws. But still are still having problems filling the positions we have.

Back