2015 CTARS BOD Nominations

Hmmmm Leslie you make it to most meetings .... I would like to nominate you for treasure ....nothing against Phil he just can't make the meetings and it's a requirement .....

ah, but I usually only make it to the ones close to SE CT and the occasional Lutz meeting. Thank you for the thought, and I'm happy to help out when I can but I just can't commit the time necessary to do this right.

Treasury isn't an easy position especially if ctars is a non profit organization. It wouldn't be bad if all the ducks are given to the next guy already lined up, but I have done treasury for a couple unions now, & I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is the one thing I volunteered for that I wish I had not. Maybe the club is easier than what I've done, maybe not. But hopefully the guys/gals that volunteer for this, are made well aware of how time consuming it can be.

Kudos to whoever takes that position. Also kudos to everyone that excepted nominations to any position.

I would also like to see a list of who has been nominated.

I nominate for Mason for president. I don't have any ill feelings towards anyone here (I barely know any of you). I do know Mason pretty well though and he wants a shot, so he should get a shot. I also like the things Sass had to say in her post about what she would do. I would not mind if she was in the running. We should have a couple of different candidates to choose from in every election!

I guess the thread got cleaned up so I cannot see what all everyone argued about but I hope this doesn't restir the drama for anyone. I'm on the outskirts of it all as I have been gone for a few months and I'm not entirely aware of everything that has been happening. I hope we can all just have a good election and move on in a positive direction.

The Treasurer job is not difficult. You need to keep the checkbook balanced, deposit the money after the meeting (or have another officer do it - Bank of America is everywhere), write out the occasional check and fill out the IRS post card in may.

You need to be sure you have receipts for everything and all the money has spent on the clubs mission. Unlike unions, we don't contribute to political campaigns, we don't own property, don't pay people, etc.

And while I won't be around, I will help the new guy (or gal) with the IRS filing.

I would also like to see a list of who has been nominated.

I nominate for Mason for president. I don't have any ill feelings towards anyone here (I barely know any of you). I do know Mason pretty well though and he wants a shot, so he should get a shot. I also like the things Sass had to say in her post about what she would do. I would not mind if she was in the running. We should have a couple of different candidates to choose from in every election!

It seems that due to my post back in March when I posted in frustration that I was resigning from the BOD and Club, that I am now no longer a member of the club. I have attended Club meetings in the past after said post and my membership was never an issue. But, now at election nomination time, it comes up......

It seems that due to my post back in March when I posted in frustration that I was resigning from the BOD and Club, that I am now no longer a member of the club. I have attended Club meetings in the past after said post and my membership was never an issue. But, now at election nomination time, it comes up......

That can't be right. If you were at meetings then there must be a mistake. Haven't you had a login still and been able to take the surveys after Collins gig etc.

That can't be right. If you were at meetings then there must be a mistake. Haven't you had a login still and been able to take the surveys after Collins gig etc.

Yes, I have had a login in this whole time and I have taken all surveys that have come out since March. I received an email from current BOD about my lack of membership, once the nominations started to come out.....

I purchased tickets to CMAC at the discounted "Club" rate as well. Seems funny how it comes up now.

I would like to see in the bylaws that a member that posts something on a public forum in frustration will automatically be put out of the club.

You resign from the BOD, not the club regardless of how it was worded. No refund was given, did you receive a formal letter?

Let the dude run, nothing like some competition to shake it up

Unfortunately when Mason resigned he also requested no further affiliations with CTARS. We tried to keep this a private matter, I apologize to everyone that it has come to the forums.

It was my mistake to not deactivate his account.

Please, let this subject rest.

just seems funny how I received no feedback from March until now on this subject. But when Nominations come around now all the sudden it is an issue. I ask again please show in the bylaws....

just out of curiosity why would you want to be a part of a club you bash? Also why would you want to be on the board when you didn't want to be early in the year when you were? once again not that it really matters to me but I think the members need to know who they would vote for anyway. If I wasn't involved I would surely be looking for someone who is looking out for the best interest of this club. a lot of people have this made up little revenge plot when you'll need to remember its a fish club with a lot of activities going on especially right now. I said my peace I'll stay out of it again.

7: To Foster camaraderie, friendship and appreciates of aquatic life

Mason should be able to run because of this clause in the bylaws. Despite any anecdotes he has never said anything publicly to "bash" the club. He would like an opportunity to change and grow our club and deserves as much of a chance as the current bod does

It doesn't sit well that the current bod has the power to revoke memberships at will. This is a new thing that might need to be looked into further next year

If anyone would like to personally discuss this issue with us, please contact us directly. There is no need to put any of this on the forum. I can be available to speak with anyone on the phone after 6:00pm today.

Back