2020 slash

rams

ramtheory
A lot of years have gone by since we started up in 2006. What the heck happened to everyone's hair color, or hair!?!? What worked, what do you miss? What would you like to see happen (realistically)? In a world of social media and old news happened a half hour ago. I'd like to see some OG SLASH stuff still stick around. We need help, we need drive, we have a set down board meeting planned. So if you have some ideas, post them up here. I'd like to get them on a tracker. If you would like to help out more? I'd like to see the next board meeting an open board meeting. So let me know if you are interested. Don't be shy, I've got thick skin. -Rams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Id love to take a more active role, but as Ive gotten older Ive started accumulating things. Mainly Cholesterol, inches on my waist line and kids. Having an 11 yr old active in karate, soccer, scouts, and a dozen other things, my time is fairly limited. Heck, I havent made it to a pizza night in years unfortunately. Even online time is more limited.

Did want to say tho, you guys are doing a great job organizing events, and for that you are to be commended.

Having one public forum seemed to work best in my opinion. All of these different pages that have been created seems way too much, and then to not be active on any of them to me seems useless that they were even created.

Board members being more active on RC would be great to see, even on a public forum would be great to see more activity by the board.

Bring back some good flyers that promotes the club. This thing that looks a maple leaf needs to go bye bye

Another important factor to keep in mind is SLASH is or was a social club not business.

The announcement of frag swap dates has took a really poor turn. We use to book the next swap at the end of the previous swap. Last I heard the club is looking to book the spring swap for March but yet no confirmation has been announced. While on swaps, member use to get a free table now members are treated as if they are a business, again its a social club not a business.

And bring back member cards, this crap of dealing with a website that's just flat out iffy is ridiculous. If anything go back to the original . Org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was around when SLASH formed. Create the website on my own dime.

Slash got together after many months of Pizza nights and tank tours. We had a big group eventually and talked about a club and off we went.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The announcement of frag swap dates has took a really poor turn. We use to book the next swap at the end of the previous swap. Last I heard the club is looking to book the spring swap for March but yet no confirmation has been announced. While on swaps, member use to get a free table now members are treated as if they are a business, again its a social club not a business.

A quick comment/response...

There was a comment on FB to have 4 swaps, one for each season; 2 big swaps (spring and fall), 2 smaller local swaps (summer and winter). It would be great to have a permanent home(venue) or homes to make it happen without stress.

The issue I see with the free table for members, businesses sign up as members. Every table can't be free, table revenue helps the club break even on the venue cost.

Any additional ideas, comments, disagreements, suggestions on swaps much appreciated. They have very much evolved since the first one the club put on at Mattingly's (sp?) on north Lindbergh. You didn't have to charge for tables when folks swapped frags in bags out of their styrofoam coolers. Then someone setup a 10 gallon with a power compact light and :eek: game changer :lol:

Taking notes, keep the conversation going. Watching FB as well.

I was around when SLASH formed. Create the website on my own dime.

Slash got together after many months of Pizza nights and tank tours. We had a big group eventually and talked about a club and off we went.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I miss the old forum where Ebius got tapatalk working when that app came about.

Lost Marbles kicked in a few walls back in the day at Gateway Aquatics. You really had no time to debate what needs to happen. Stuff just got done. LOL

In my opinion, the fact that SLASH has a bank account, operating budget, and board of managers tells me this is a business. I agree that the root of it needs to be a social club, but when you're dealing with a dues paying club, you have to run it like a business.

So few want to participate in person in the age of social media, God help all the folks that want to hang someday when clubs are gone :lol: You'll look at pictures of guys hanging at other reefer's homes and wonder what happened to cause it all to go away. It's called the ME generation.

In my opinion, the fact that SLASH has a bank account, operating budget, and board of managers tells me this is a business. I agree that the root of it needs to be a social club, but when you're dealing with a dues paying club, you have to run it like a business.

No your wrong. This club was created to not be a business. It was creat to be social. Big difference. What benefits do our club members have today? I'll create a list of what they had prio to now if you'd like to compare.

And to be official a club has to have a bod. Some folks don't really understand what a club is with all the social media we have today

So few want to participate in person in the age of social media, God help all the folks that want to hang someday when clubs are gone :lol: You'll look at pictures of guys hanging at other reefer's homes and wonder what happened to cause it all to go away. It's called the ME generation.

This is the major downfall with social media. Think about when we were kids and what kids do today

No your wrong. This club was created to not be a business. It was creat to be social. Big difference. What benefits do our club members have today? I'll create a list of what they had prio to now if you'd like to compare.

And to be official a club has to have a bod. Some folks don't really understand what a club is with all the social media we have today

If it's not a business, why do we pay club dues? We pay club dues for a SERViCE Slash provides(ie. HELP, Donor program, Early access to swaps, raffles at pizza nights etc.) A business provides a service when they collect money.

If it's not a business, why do we pay club dues? We pay club dues for a SERViCE Slash provides(ie. HELP, Donor program, Early access to swaps, raffles at pizza nights etc.) A business provides a service when they collect money.

Back in the day club members got benefits. What's benefiting in your list? How's that HELP program going?
Early entrance to swap only means you have so to say first pick and pay top price as to what they will ask during the rush

The CDP is the major thing that attracts new members because where else can you get 5 frags for $20. Now ask the LFS how they feel about that program

So ask yourself again what are your dues providing? What exact service are you getting?If that's good for you, whatever that might be, then okay. But if your asking what did we have compared to now then you'd have a better understanding as to a club versus business

And the raffle has been always a perk that no one bod will deny

I'd love to see a members only swap, sell, trade junk, sell junk for members by members. Maybe once a year.

I'd love to see a members only swap, sell, trade junk, sell junk for members by members. Maybe once a year.

This would be fun. I have accumulated a bunch of extra stuff since restarting and it would be nice to try and swap it or sell cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the 4 events a year, one for each season; 2 big swaps (spring and fall), 2 smaller local swaps (summer and winter) is doable. Regular venue/s choice/s would help make this possible.

Club Benefits, I would hope we can improve? I can't complain, as I haven't been on the participant side of the main benefits provided.

There was a complaint about multiple ways to interact with the club, and receive club announcements. Social Media presences is a given, sticking to one Page may be for the better. I'm neutral on this.

I have been working on my problem with staying logged into the club website forum. I hope to use it more often. Heck RC is a pain the ars staying logged in with a browser even after turning auto login and clearing your cache.

I think the 4 events a year, one for each season; 2 big swaps (spring and fall), 2 smaller local swaps (summer and winter) is doable. Regular venue/s choice/s would help make this possible.

Club Benefits, I would hope we can improve? I can't complain, as I haven't been on the participant side of the main benefits provided.

There was a complaint about multiple ways to interact with the club, and receive club announcements. Social Media presences is a given, sticking to one Page may be for the better. I'm neutral on this.

I have been working on my problem with staying logged into the club website forum. I hope to use it more often. Heck RC is a pain the ars staying logged in with a browser even after turning auto login and clearing your cache.

I think the FB is difficult to navigate or look up any accurate information on. Reef Central is old but it works. If we wanted to have a 1 media only solution then we should have it on our website.

Actually this is a great idea! I have so much random little stuff laying around it wouldnt be worth it for me to list on ebay but doing one large sale with everyone. Who knows, someone will want my diamond bits or bulkheads....ect

Back