20L marco tank build.

Oh yeah I got a azure Damselfish I placed an order for my 90 so I picked up this lil guy.
My hope was/is it will teach the canary blenny to get from the water.

possible bad move when fighting HA...maybe we will see. differently is making the canary blenny more active and brave so already its a good start!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks it is coming along. Just need to bet the GHA then I'll be happy!

The algae phase is always frustrating. My reef tank took almost half a year to get through it. Give it some time and work on removing it, and then you will be good the rest of the way through.

yup you guys are right. I know this it's just always hard when its your tank right! ha
already looking better from the few WC and manual removal.
2 day sine phosguard is in. will test around the 10 day mark.

Have not updated this thread in a while. Had some up and downs.
Here is the tank as of now:
cd13d7c35d97adceed75d1f9c6f45cf9.jpg

That's pretty cool. Makes me wonder why people don't work cool algae into their reef tanks. Too hard to control the spread?

Some do. It's deffentally another style of reefing. You can add macros to a reef pretty easy the reds don't grow all that fast and are not invasive.

It a fun side project that I am enjoying quite a bit. How ever it has turned in to a macro and Shroom tank now. :) I am excited to see how this tank matures as is still a baby.

Hey guys it been a while since my last update. Tank is stabilizing and maturing. Lots some of my macros over the last few months trying to get the HA out but keep the macros happy.

Been adding shroms to the mix so it's a macro and Shroom tank.
Here is a pic I took this morning.
9793d92b27596c68c12df9874b9c11ce.jpg

A nice rodact.
11743e4ddb75341d815614b582053758.jpg

Branching GPS
69b86b3d1a66b3ef2e6f96f64ebdec76.jpg

Your tank is beautiful! Nice job!
Thanks Michael,
It's been a fun lil project for sure.

This pic might be better. Still reflection but not as bad I hope.
Really need to the one at night and get out my DLSR..

Last edited:
^ thanks guys yeah its a fun lil tank. just got back from a 3 week vacation and it surivived great. will have to get some new FTS soon.

Back