210 build... finally

Chiller is prob unnecessary but its not hooked up or running right now. but in the future I may add a mh in the middle so maybe ill need it then? Or if my AC goes out I have it ready to go to turn on

And getting the bathroom closet was not to hard actually took very little convincing

Very nice setup!! What are the dimensions of your stand and also the canopy. I am having a tank built that will be 60"l x 24"w x 28.5"h. I am real curious how high the canopy is (14"?). I need some height (12?) but like the slimmer look like yours.

Also I have been reading up on LEDS and wanted to know how the programmability is with the Photon"s? Looks awesome by the way!

Dan

Hey dan .... I can't remember the exact measurements ill have to re measure but the stand is deff a good 36-40" tall and the canopy is a good 15" tall it has the piano fold for easy cleaning access .... love it.

The photons I have are the W series. I can't say enough about these lights. They have no screen on the light, they come with a remote with a screen on that it looks like a phone and its wireless. What I love about these lights is if you have 2 units they automatically sync up to 1 remote so whatever you set your custom light cycle for on the remote both lights program too.

And Logan at reef breeders is always there if you need him, the power supply went on one of the lights, he sent me one out instantly and I had it a day or 2 later but when I got it usps lost the supply so all I got was an empty package! so I tell Logan and he has one sent out to me again the next morning.

Well nothing really new but just thought I'd share so pics again this time from my wife's phone that take way way better pics then mine. Her S6 takes better pics of leds then any other phone I have seen, my note 3 isn't even close they come looking nothing like the true colors.

:

Fish stock is small mainly just the same fish from the 120. Only new is clown tang. Also have pair of clowns, Sixline, Midas blenny, royal grammar, Splendid dottyback, goldhead goby. I had a hoevens wrasse but he seemed to be shy when I put him in new display, burried himself and I saw him once a week maybe. Lately haven't seen him at all so I think he is gone but when I first got him he literally went unseen for 2-3 months and then one day he was out. Hoping he still is there cause he is not only my fav fish but my longest lasting fish of 4 years

Currently top of my list is a golden dwarf moray eel. They are pricey and ridiculously hard to find. But its an eel I've always wanted and this is the perfect time for one.

Other fish I will look to add in time. And not all just ones ill look to

Flame hawk(love these guys personality)

Anthias, many colorful anthias

Mandarin

Marine beta (always liked them)

Gold spotted rabbitfish

Wrasses wrasses and more wrasses prob my fav family of fish

So I decided to add a UV sterilizer I have had things like ich wipe out my whole tank before so I wanted something to help keep the parasite population to a minimum

I got the emperor aquatics 80 watt unit, thing came in and its huge lol 45x14 I had to have a plan B on where to put it. So I decided to redo my closet tank area as seen in prior pages of this thread. I got a smaller tank and I moved the ATO to under the sump area. Here is the new look with UV running

I wonder as well. After 18 year in hobby I wonder. at one point some thought it was bad for reefs and now I see a comeback among reefers.

I think it clearly has some benefits for water polishing, and can potentially help keep parasites in check.

Back