220 gallon build

Ok now I need to figure out what this is and how to remove it. Water got between the glass and background and this I the hazy stain that was left.
412B4487-C89A-4E67-ACD9-5F327CA5919B-725-000000F197D7441F_zps7ec3b0a3.jpg

maybe lay it on its side and soak that in vinegar.....than use a razor on the wet glass. the trim will hold it in if it was sealed at the top.

just an idea:)

is sounds like the glass is etched with hard water like a shower door......maybe consider putting a sheet of acrylic on it with some silicone....aquarium kind of course.....may also wanna ask the chemistry forum if lime away will leave any harmful residue or destroy the seals of the aquarium...I have no idea on that

i planned on painting the back of the tank black but didn't want to paint over this if it would still be visible

just tried vinegar and no difference. it is the back so i am not too worried about it but it still looks awful

got the 2 dedicated lines run for the electrical. All the power for the lights will be run through the wall as well. each line is 20 amps and both are GFCI protected. I know it is not pretty or perfect but it is in the laundry room out of sight from everyone

5FF44D19-49A5-454D-999C-7C65C2E3BA6C-1082-000001CEE2CFF76B_zps1fa598f0.jpg

Now i need to figure out the easiest way to level the stand since my basement floor all slopes to the center towards the drain.

After setting/putting the vertical supports in you almost need to do a laser level to mark the correct spots where it should be attached/cut to make it level.

Ok still debating on how to level the tank but i in the mean time have ordered 110lbs of dry rock and 160lbs of sand from reefrocks.net

What we are thinking is running a 2x4 the entire span of the supports that are under the stand already and cutting them at the right angle to make the stand level

here is the bottom of the stand. this is why we are contemplating back and forth on how to level this thing. notice the braces in the middle and along the font and back. these braces along with a few points on the edge of the front where there is a design touch the ground

9CC9BBAF-A442-4460-9668-869E05492AF4-5477-000009F72B76A938_zps9d7a8f0b.jpg

i have not updated my build in a while. My wife is due with our first any day or week now so i haven't been on as much as i would like.

here is the sump and scrubber which has since been hung so it is level

Nice, good job on both. (your new addition)

Remember acclimation of a child is an 18year process. During that time there will be lots of cycles and a crash or two. Just keep on trucking and all will be good.

(I have my hands full with all boys.)

added a nice Tomini on Wednesday. He just started coming out and eating so once he is more comfortable i will try and snap a few pictures

Back