220 up and running finally! (pic intense 56k killer)

saleen00814

In Memoriam
well we finally got my 220 going. we had a 180 for a while and just got this tank about three weeks ago (aka forever ago). seems like we have had it six months.

chris from reef works says i have no patience LOLZ.
so here are some pics of it getting put together.
special thanks goes out to chris i wasnt sure on plumbing and he came out and took care of it for me. along with a huge amount of help on the aqua scapeing also!
(for a small fee ofcourse but well worth it)
here ya go hope you enjoy!

empty finally placed on its stand after painting on its back ground.
filter003.jpg

plumbed sump and fuge with a mag9 and a mag 12 for returns.
mag 12 feeds one side return and also has a ball valve going to the fuge wich is turnd way down to just a trickle.fuge is a 25 gallon tank.
filter008.jpg

filter009-1.jpg

about half full of r/o water and some of all the sand n salt the side of the tank
filter010.jpg

lighting 3x400 watt m/hs, 2x160 watt atintic vho's, 4x110 watt atintic vhos total of 1960 watts wooot!
filter001.jpg

and it all comes together! and its really not this blue in person i swear!
filter013.jpg

filter011.jpg

thanks alot for the comments! suggestions are also welcome.

thanks pmike but i really cant take credit for it.. i bought the rock and put it in the tank and chris pretty much did the rest. but were extemely happy wiht how it turned out!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9711106#post9711106 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saleen00814
thanks alot for the comments! suggestions are also welcome.

thanks pmike but i really cant take credit for it.. i bought the rock and put it in the tank and chris pretty much did the rest. but were extemely happy wiht how it turned out!

She still looks good man. Yeah i also cant wait till she fills up with coral and fishies!!! Saw ya Saleen also man, looks sweet, I got me a fox 91...love em..

Ohh yeah I have a suggestion,.......Keep up the great work man :D

Well Chris did an excellent job helping you out.

It looks like you have a return on either side that comes out just under the overflow boxes? Why a 9 and a 12? Are both pumps near each other and one needs to push further away or is it to make more of a random flow?

I can't afford to do it yet but I have that room divider 125 that I am going to need to figure out how to plumb and its hard to kind of envision what i'll need to do for it.

Also do you plan on any extra powerheads for flow or anything or will you figure it out as you go when it comes down to putting critters in the tank?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9711125#post9711125 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pmike25
She still looks good man. Yeah i also cant wait till she fills up with coral and fishies!!! Saw ya Saleen also man, looks sweet, I got me a fox 91...love em..

Ohh yeah I have a suggestion,.......Keep up the great work man :D

hey thanks alot! fox bodied cars are awsome also!

christie- i did a mag9 and a mag12 because the 12 also supplys flow to my fuge other wise i would have probably went with twin mag 9's .dunno why i just kinda like the ideah of a pump running each return. your more then welcome to stop by anytime and take a look at the plumbing its hard to get it all in the pics.
and im deff gonna need a power head on each side although i have plenty of flow rite now i dont feel its enough i plan on filling this tank completely up with sps.

And im with everyone else i cannot wait to get some life in this thing!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9712681#post9712681 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefworkschris
Now that's a good looking reef tank. Keep up the good work!! :D

yeah you should come see it sometime! maby ill order pizza or somthing :lol:

ill be around probably tomorrow night to pick up some mud for the fuge and something else christina told me we should get..

you shop owners have got it made. you sell water AND mud!
who woulda thought huh?

Back