24" T5HO bulbs anyone?

Gee, Mark, I thought you were going to have some for me! I got all excited about a reply, only to find out you need some too. :D ;)

Brandon

I'm actually needin' some bulbs too.

Anyone know the cheapest place online to order bulbs? I don't need anything special. Just need 4 bulbs for a 24" finnex (4x24w) fixture.

I did find these "Pacific Coast" brand from Custom Aquatic. Seen the banner at the top of the page and figured I'd check it out...

http://www.customaquatic.com/estore/control/subctg/~ctg=s_lt-t5-tb/~pctg=s_lt/~srt=3

$4.99/10k
$6.99/actinic

I wonder how these are. I've got a 4x24 fixture over my 20 gal. Razor Caulerpa tank :rolleyes: The only corals in the tank are a hairy mushroom rock colony and some green star polyps. Didn't know if this might be a cheaper way out...

Steve

Last edited:
brandon....ygpm :D

*edit* post #1000

icon_party.gif

wave3.gif

Steve if you get some of those cheep ones I would like to see how they compare to the Giseman as they are dirt cheap but that makes me a little nervous.

I will warn you the midday is real bright and has a yellow to it I have a bunch in a different sizes that I don't use because it over powers the rest. Good grow light if you need to grow stuff though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14245398#post14245398 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by waynesworld
I will warn you the midday is real bright and has a yellow to it I have a bunch in a different sizes that I don't use because it over powers the rest. Good grow light if you need to grow stuff though.

Considering that my lighting fixtures aren't 'up to par', it might be a good fix.

I'm probably gonna give the Pacific Coast bulbs a try. I'm gonna try and do some research though before I do.

But for what I'm needin', hopefully they will work. My concern is maybe not that long of life.

Steve

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14245398#post14245398 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by waynesworld

i had actually bought them as a transitional bulb to run for a few hrs between the pure actinics in the early morn times & the 11k in the high noon hrs, but i sold the 11k w/ my 660 ballast kit. i still have the (2) 2-bulb standard ballast kits. do you think they'd work good as the main daytime lights or should i go w/ the 11k instead??

i was thinking an overlapping schedule of say:

pure actininics: 7am-11am
pure actininics & 6k: 10am-11am
6k: 11am-5pm
pure actinics & 6k: 4pm-5pm
pure actinics: 5pm-9pm

Personally, I've never seen a coral's request for sunset walks on the beach. :D I kid, I kid.

But my opinion is A) Why not run the actinics all day and just turn the 11k or 6ks on and off? I would bet you won't like the look of your tank with only 6k or maybe even with only 11k bulbs. :) and B) I would go with 11k personally. I like the whiter look. 14k is nice, too.

Brandon

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14247877#post14247877 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL
Personally, I've never seen a coral's request for sunset walks on the beach. :D I kid, I kid.

But my opinion is A) Why not run the actinics all day and just turn the 11k or 6ks on and off? I would bet you won't like the look of your tank with only 6k or maybe even with only 11k bulbs. :) and B) I would go with 11k personally. I like the whiter look. 14k is nice, too.

Brandon

yeah, like i said, the 6k were originally meant to be a trasnitional bulb to be run between the actinic & 11k, but the 11k went w/ the 660 ballast kit when it sold

maybe i'll just do like ya said & run the actinic all the light schedule & just run the 6k from 11am-5pm or something like that

.....that is if & when i ever get anything set up at some point in the future :(

Back