240 flow

JohnnyRedd

Hi all,

I have a 240. 8 by 24 by 24.

Pan World 200PS pump (1750 gph) with dual herbies and a spray bar with 4 outlets. Two center of tank and two front corners.

I have added 3 Hydor Koralias. one at each end and one in the middle. I want to say they are all three 1150s but the two at the ends are older and I don't remember what they are.

I feel I need more flow. Any suggestions on power head placement and even powerhead suggestions are appreciated.

Flow should be geared to your livestock preference. SPS like flow but LPS and softies do not. Your choice of livestock also determines lighting requirements.

I wanted a tank with uber-SPS. There's uber flow. My PH is between 8.1 and 8.22 through out a 24 hr period. The surface movement gets rid of the CO2. I use a CA Reactor that keeps my parameters strong but, reduces overall PH. Without great flow and surface movement, my PH would be low.

All my SPS frags have great PE, too with good growth.

I wanted a tank with uber-SPS. There's uber flow. My PH is between 8.1 and 8.22 through out a 24 hr period. The surface movement gets rid of the CO2. I use a CA Reactor that keeps my parameters strong but, reduces overall PH. Without great flow and surface movement, my PH would be low.

All my SPS frags have great PE, too with good growth.

Brilliant. I am hoping for some black Friday sales to pick up two 250s and 1 controller for anything less than advertised. I hate MAP pricing.

Do you think 1 is sufficient for 8 foot? I just can't fathom it working well but I think 2 will eliminate my dead spots.

I have a 200G tank, 6x2,5'. I use a gyre placed at the end for steady, continious flow and two tunze 6105 placed on the back wall with controller 7095 for extra flow and randomization during the day. They shut off at night leaving only the gyre to produce a gentle current. the setup works really well.

I went with the two 250s and ditched all the power heads. I run them alternating 40% at 10 seconds when the lights are on and drop them down to 20 percent constant when the lights are off. Why? I dunno but the fish can sleep in peace.

Even at 40% I had to move and resecure some things. They move some water for sure.

Back