240 gallon acrylic reef build

Congrats on adding the new purple tang in the DT. It looks pretty happy thus far. Is that a Klein's Butterfly also in the DT?

@Wayne, That butterfly was sold to me by LiveAquaria as a juvenile Spotfin butterfly but now that he's matured and lost his fin spot I think he's a Reef Butterfly (Chaetodon sedentarius). He has definitely destroyed a few SPS on me, but he's a cool little fish.

There are a lot of kids that come to our research center so it's always fun to watch them go crazy when they see the tank. It seems selfish to keep something like this hidden in my basement ;)

Realized I never really posted a full room shot. Here's one from the hallway.

20130718_170522.jpg

Hey Brian, are you still on Tobacco road? I shot you an email question the other day. This guy has the brain of a NASA scientist with true craftsman workmanship ability along with common sense. Thanks Jeff

Hey Jeff, Yeah, I got your email about the LEDs but when I replied it said your address was deactivated? I'm still at Duke!

Decided to do a little rescaping today because my sebae was stinging a few of my favorite corals. It took out my giant GARF Bonsai before I fixed it :(
20130816_125316.jpg

The nem is easily 24"+ at this point, I hope it stops growing soon...

Added the school of Carberryi Anthias. The powder Blue tang was ****y for about an hour but finally settled down. It's the starburst anthias and royal gramma that seem to be the most upset about the new tank mates. Probably because these guys have been hiding in the rocks and only come out during feeding.

How about the group of anthias, are they still swimming around in there?

Yep, down to 7 though. I had two males in the group and one of them lost. They're really annoying, they hide in the rocks practically all day except when I'm feeding them. They're really cool when they do decide to come out and swim around.

I added an orangespotted goby last week and he's been having a lot of fun digging around and stirring up my sandbed.

Back