240g....it has begun!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10118288#post10118288 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by inlandreef
SWEET!!! I wish I had one when that Ice Storm came through. I lost everything

Ditto! Thats all I got to say about that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10119949#post10119949 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DeLong20
Ditto! Thats all I got to say about that.

Gerrrr....me too! I was ready for 36hrs without power, after 14 days in the Winter...WAAAh-WAaaah (horn sound) everything was lost.

One thing though...I added up the 350w heater, 120w system pump and 120w for protien skimmer and 500w for lights. I couldn't run that and my basement's sump pump with my 5K generator. Though I had plenty of watts I exceeded the amps.

Oh well, hopefully my generator will still work when the power goes out again. I plan to eventually get some T5 refits for emergency lighting over my 225, that will use less watts/amps than my 250w HQIs (x3)

Well, finally some update pics. Due to an Ick issue, I haven't got lots of new livestock, but I did get a couple things at IMAC.

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

The rest are some fishie room pics. Finally arranged the fish room the way I like it.

IMG_0443.jpg

This is the view going into the fish room.

IMG_0440.jpg

The 33g on the bottom (12x12x48) is the fishie QT tank. Lit by a Power compact Jebo fixture. There is a Penguin HOB filter that I use for water movement, as well as BioBalls and carbon filter when needed. I also have two MP1200 powerheads for water movement as well.

The 10g on the upper left is my RO/DI auto top-off water. The float switch is connected to the RO/DI unit with an auto-shut off valve. There's a MP1200 powerhead and 50w Stealth Heater in the tank. As the tank only has RO/DI water in it, I'm not worried that the float valve will stick, although I do move it around just in case.

The 40g next to the 10g is the saltwater mix water. Complete with Rio pump for mixing as well as a 250w Stealth heater. On the right side of the 40g is a bulkhead and pipe the goes right to the sump. This way I can just open the valve and the new change water goes right to the sump. The other PVC pipe going to the sump has the hose inside that's coming from the 10g auto top-off tank as well.

The RO/DI water line coming through the wall goes to both the 10g and 40g so I can valve control where the water needs to go.

IMG_0439.jpg

The sump design hasn't changed. I'm going to install another auto top-off sensor, just in case one gets freaky.

IMG_0441.jpg

The black cabinet on the left is the power/switch cabinet. Above that the lighting ballasts and the round things are part of the Tunze system. The wooded cabinet is my "mad scientist" area. Doubles as a nice work surface and storage. The magnetic/wipe board keeps me updated.

IMG_0442.jpg

And who doesn't need more storage right? :D

IMG_0445.jpg

Leslie wanted to be on RC, so she conquered the salt pile!

IMG_0447.jpg

The big view without flash. The stained glass doors are finally finished. Still working on the trim around them. I'm still trying to find a way to illuminate the doors from the back.

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Some close up pics of the stained glass doors. There is a texture look to the sand on the bottom, it just didn't pick up well in the pic.

Well, that's where I'm currently at. :wave:

Got the new skimmer cleaned up. The skimmer I had was grossly under rated for my tank and bioload. I put the new one on a bucket for height reference and of course you always have to have the kid in the pic as well. :cool: It's a ASM G5 with dual Sedra 9000 pumps. Not nearly as cool as Tim Brill's....but it was cheaper. :smokin:

The sump re-do is scheduled for the next couple days.

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10272141#post10272141 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Red Sea Purple Tang

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Some close up pics of the stained glass doors. There is a texture look to the sand on the bottom, it just didn't pick up well in the pic.
Somebody has a glass saw. Did you do the stained glass yourself?

I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler! There's a place in Milwaukee called Stained Glass Overlay. It's just class with a film over the top. They added the lead to give it the look like stained glass. Tons cheaper then actual stained glass.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11177050#post11177050 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Red Sea Purple Tang
I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler! There's a place in Milwaukee called Stained Glass Overlay. It's just class with a film over the top. They added the lead to give it the look like stained glass. Tons cheaper then actual stained glass.
Nevertheless, it looks great. My wife does stained glass. She noted that the extended dorsal fins on the firefish would be difficult.

Everything looks great - and your fish room is so clean and organized.

Back