250 watt HQI DE ballst

golfish

Team RC
I had two Sunlight supply 250 watt ballast, I assume they were M80 ballast. I have only been using one for the last couple years. One of them died about a month ago and the other died a couple days ago, they were both 13+ years old.
I can't find anything to replace it other than the adjustable ballast that run different wattage and style bulbs. Is it better to get the ballast that runs 150-250 watts or 250-400 watts?

TIA

Fish

I had two Sunlight supply 250 watt ballast, I assume they were M80 ballast. I have only been using one for the last couple years. One of them died about a month ago and the other died a couple days ago, they were both 13+ years old.
I can't find anything to replace it other than the adjustable ballast that run different wattage and style bulbs. Is it better to get the ballast that runs 150-250 watts or 250-400 watts?

TIA

Fish

I'd open them up and replace the likely faulty capacitor. at least confirm before scrapping the whole thing. inexpensive repair. a couple wires.

I'd open them up and replace the likely faulty capacitor. at least confirm before scrapping the whole thing. inexpensive repair. a couple wires.

Seeing how I wasn't able to find any, I opened it up last night. I didn't get any further that that. Thanks

Hey Gary, I'll let you know ...Thanks

I found a place in N.Y. (ebay) that had the capacitor. Its up a running like a champ. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back