250W DE 20k bulbs?

dadummy

hey there,

Looking into replacing a few 20k 250w DE bulbs on M80 ballasts. Looking for something in the 20k range. So far I have tried Plusrite, Pheonix and Odyssea. I couldn't wait for the day the phoenix came, then I couldn't wait to for them to burn in. Then I couldn't wait to swap them out for the Odyssea's. I like the color rendering better on the Odyssea than the washed out phoenix. However the Pheonix are much brighter.
For supplement I have 2 LED panels along side each pendant. There's around 12 RB LED on each panel, and an array of high CRI WW, violet, cyan and lime to take the windex out when halides are off. I would like to slap some T5 or VHO in as well, but tank being 18" wide they won't fit without sacrificing light to the overflows. I am also too lazy to redo the canopy, squeeze in SE pendants and run Radium.
Growth and color has been decent with the Odyssea bulbs, looking for something that will be brighter(more PAR). Right now debating between Ushio and Reeflux any feedback or pics would be appreciated, thanks

here's a shot of the tank under the Odyssea
IMG_2971 by daddeee, on Flickr

hey there,

Looking into replacing a few 20k 250w DE bulbs on M80 ballasts. Looking for something in the 20k range. So far I have tried Plusrite, Pheonix and Odyssea. I couldn't wait for the day the phoenix came, then I couldn't wait to for them to burn in. Then I couldn't wait to swap them out for the Odyssea's. I like the color rendering better on the Odyssea than the washed out phoenix. However the Pheonix are much brighter.
For supplement I have 2 LED panels along side each pendant. There's around 12 RB LED on each panel, and an array of high CRI WW, violet, cyan and lime to take the windex out when halides are off. I would like to slap some T5 or VHO in as well, but tank being 18" wide they won't fit without sacrificing light to the overflows. I am also too lazy to redo the canopy, squeeze in SE pendants and run Radium.
Growth and color has been decent with the Odyssea bulbs, looking for something that will be brighter(more PAR). Right now debating between Ushio and Reeflux any feedback or pics would be appreciated, thanks

here's a shot of the tank under the Odyssea
IMG_2971 by daddeee, on Flickr

Phoenix have been the best, ime

Agreed Phoenix 15K. Have 2 on my 120 supplemented with 2 54w ATI blue + T5s. Does not look too blue to my eye. Tried the 20K before and nowhere near as bright.

so, pulled out the Odyssea and put Phoenix back in. Definitely not as blue but way brighter. Tank went through funk from dosing tech M to kill bryopsis and then the bottled magic potions. Been keeping nitrate high while corals stabilize. Everything is growing again, P.E. is good and the RTN has since stopped. Once corals adjust to the light will be able to tweak nutrients and see if the colors come back

thanks again

here's the Phoenix only
IMG_2976 by daddeee, on Flickr

yea, much better disregard anything bad I said about the Pheonix in the first post, sure it's not as blue but the intensity is better. darn blue LED's screwed everything up lol

Back