25g bonsai tank

does no one have a problem with a morish idol and a butterfly in a 25 gallon cube...

I mean with all the live rock there is no room for the fish. :headwally:

you obviously never read my journal or youd know i have an upgrade ready to go , in this tank they are easy to feed, no stressful companions either and the tank has maturity(was a previous 90g reef), i have about 8 tanks running now and while the others have size this one has peace and quiet, alot of personal attention, mass amounts of food.

the end result is 2 fish notorious for not eating who have been trained by myself to eat everything , both fish are on pellets, frozen food and the odd fresh seafood(mussels,clams), the fish are fat, no illnesses and are not shy at all in fact they love people.

when it comes time to go to the big cube i will be 100% sure they are healthy and already eating.

this isnt my first rodeo i have 12yrs in the hobby, work at an lfs and propogate corals for years, and i have good history with adbanced fish...

i do appreciate your concerns though , keep following the thread and youll see my new cube in the first week of january where you can watch these beautiful fish swim in a larger tank;)

cheers

denny

Very impressive just read all pages the plate coral is my favorite, the glass substrate is very interesting as well!

thanks it was a hitchhiker, actaually a common hitchhiker at that but def very nice, it grew from about the size of a small green pea to about a toonie now:)

while i love that the "sand" is now turning purple in my new cube i wont be doing the glass sand bed , i have a small black leopard wrasse that ive had since a baby and id like to remove him from my grow tank and add him to the bonsai display he needs sand and while ive added him to other setups using just a tupper bowl filled with sand ,its ugly messy and ends up all over the tank:)

more pics

more pics

IMG3781.jpg

IMG3782.jpg

IMG3783.jpg

IMG3789.jpg

IMG3790.jpg

IMG3793.jpg

IMG3794.jpg

IMG3800.jpg

IMG3801.jpg

IMG3802.jpg

down to the last days in the bonsai, my next update should be in a whole new setup and new upgrades all around:)

in the meantime heres some more pics:)

IMG3931.jpg

IMG3930.jpg

IMG3929.jpg

IMG3926.jpg

IMG3925.jpg

IMG3924.jpg

IMG3923.jpg

Back