25g bonsai tank

my tank needs a good cleaning , im thinking on changing out most of the water and doing an extreme clean here one day soon on all equipment, heavy feeding takes it toll on the sump lol all the corals are happy though and growing like crazy as things grow tighter and tighter together im interested in seeing what happens

pineapple sponges are littered all over my tank, same with pink sponges. huge population of pods so much that both the mandy and scooter are bursting at the stomach.

my MI and copperband are insanely use to me now they both eat right from the turkey baster like loonatics and tonight i noticed they will share the same large piece of mysis kinda like a lady and the tramp thing lol they are best buds side by side at all times.....if they eat my coral its gonna be a tough decision lol

its not all gravy though, hydroids are still around but slowly dissappearing as the peps feel more comfortable around the tank, ive noticed some grape caulerpa growing in a hidden area i didnt see, its impossible for me to get at without destroying a whole section of corals so plans are in the works to get that taken care of along with some other macros that keep popping up.

all my glass bed is losing its green and going back to clear but is peppered in coraline.

the tank seems to be loving the leds, my gorgs seem to be sensitive to the color changes though , not so much its regular light schedule in the day but after 12am i have my radion go through a full green cycle for half hour, full red for half hour, full white etc through all the colors.seems the green makes them mad, as soon as the green is gone they are back full polyps , happens like clockwork every night.

i keep forgetting to add my harleys back to the display theyve been in the overflow box quite a while now but are doing great

ok so update time

cleared out a bunch of my corals from the bonsai tree "sanbed" and now have a little breathing room again lol

nitrates have been climbing a bit so i swapped out a few large water changes today, lost my cleaner shrimp in the process but the tank is looking better than ever.

hydroids are dissappearing and im sure the peps are eating them.

copperband has demolished any and all aiptasia

i have a large amount of pink sponges, white sponges and pinepple sponges growing i imagine its from the mass amounts of phyto ive been feeing lol sps are still in great shape and growing fast.

in my sump i took a good look last night after leaving the lights out back there off for a few days and i have i bet a few thousand mysid shrimp swimming around and brewing , im going to syphon some out and add thm to the display.....funny my phosphate reactor is full of mysid as well lol

also the other night i got my moorish idol to take pellets and he now loves them, im using the fauna marin soft shrimp pellets and he goes nuts for them .

hummm im thhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttt close to gettig my copperband butterfly to eat from my fingers he pokes at my fingers but wont take the actual shrimp lol as soon as i drop it he gobbles it down.

these two fish i thought were gonna be very bad choices but have turned out to be the opposite and easier than some of the other livestock i have.

heres a video of my moorish idol eating fauna marin soft shrimp pellets , he loves them!!

http://http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/25g%20bonzai%20tree%20tank/?action=view&current=MOV079.mp4

and heres one of my copperband butterfly and moorish idol eating mysis shrimp together , side by side best of buds lol

http://http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/25g%20bonzai%20tree%20tank/?action=view&current=MOV077.mp4

IMG3566.jpg

IMG3567.jpg

IMG3577.jpg

IMG3578.jpg

IMG3580.jpg

IMG3581.jpg

IMG3583.jpg

IMG3585.jpg

IMG3587.jpg

IMG3589.jpg

What a full tank! Looks nice

thanks , i got around tonight to mounting some more zoos and palys ,but im out of room , i have about 30-40 pieces still waiting for their home on the tree, once the upgrade happens ill have the whole backside to decorate:)

thanks and cheers:)

Wow where do you buy your zoos from?

well ive collected over the years so alot of them came locally, i probably have now over 150 different types between grow outs and my displays :p

working at a lfs doesnt help my cause now either lol

living in canada our market is very small so theres alot id like to have but they rarely come around and when they do the price is high....i probably have one of the nicer collections in the country but alwayslooking to expand:)

best advice i can give is instead of buying frags do trades , forget prices and trade polyps for polyps it takes a bit of time but after a while your collecton is large enough you shoudnt have to buy zoos again and youll always have something the seller doesnt have :)

cheers and thanks for the kind compliments:)

Nice full tank, how often are your water changes? You said you feed heavy.

because of the large amount of nps corals in the tank i feed a mass amount of food to the tank i change about 40% a week it changes based on the tanks looks and corals.

i recently drained a 50g growtank off the same system and im sure that took a good chunk of the filtration away.

ive just recently doubled my gfo media which brought my phosphates down to 0.10 from 0.64 in a week.

corals didnt like the sudden drop in phos but the tank needed it and everything looks that much better.

im going to be runnning a small amount of pellets here right away to help keep the nitrates down a bit as i plan to add more nps corals.

ive almost gathered up everything i need for the upgrade its just a matter of having the tank rebuilt , the new bonsai tree will be a bigger tank , more accessible ,upgraded equipment and lights plus a more modern approach to continuous feeding.

You'll have to share some insight in to the continuous feeding... Besides pods what else can be populated to self feed (if that's what your talking about).

Thanks, really do love the way this tank turned out.

You'll have to share some insight in to the continuous feeding... Besides pods what else can be populated to self feed (if that's what your talking about).

Thanks, really do love the way this tank turned out.

i meant not self feed , but continuous feed. right now i feed a " slurry " mixture of fauna marin products along with some other products diluted in water,they are added several times a day. i want to improve on how they are added and make it automated. i play with the mixtures constantly and try new things ive come to notice what certain corals like. finding a mixture of it all to make everyone happy is a bit tricky lol

ill still have to target feed some things sometimes but the lugging of foods around early in the morning will at least stop lol

OMG! im in love .. thanks for the pictures :)

thanks its aot of work..... with over a dozen gorgonians, a dozen nps corals a dozen sps corals and about 100 zoos and lps plus keeping advanced fish and training them to eat.....im running out of energy lol

ah the joys of reefing lol

thanks for the awesome comments:)

cheers

denny

Very impressive just read all pages the plate coral is my favorite, the glass substrate is very interesting as well!

does no one have a problem with a morish idol and a butterfly in a 25 gallon cube...

I mean with all the live rock there is no room for the fish. :headwally:

Back