3 gallon lightning help.

Evolve29

Hi I have been tinkering with my 3 gallon pico tank. A simple setup hopefully.
Going to add a flower anemone with anemone crab and 1 pound of live rock- moving them from my bigger tank to pico tank. Nothing more.

What are your suggestions on lighting that I can use that won't make your eyes go ouch due to brightness. I had a Wavepoint 12 inch light super blue high output blade design 6500k on the pico tank initially and too bright for me. Super bright though and works. I have searched on Amazon and researched but until I see it in a demo, I am not quite sure.
Thoughts from fellow pico and nano tank hobbyists or if this is feasible what I am doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran exotic ecopico led strips on my fluvial spec iii, they are not adjustable, but worked well and looked clean

About to setup a Mr.Aqua with 3 TrueLumen Powerstrips,I'm thinking this will be more than enough since before they were over my BC29 and had great results with them.

I have the fluval spec 2.6 gallon and I run a ABI 12 watt (Royal Blue 450nm + Cold White 10000K + Actinic Blue 425nm + Blue 470nm) Non dimable that I run on a timer. My question is, how many hours a day should I run these lights. Currently I run them from 11am-330pm. I feel like I need to run them longer but them i deal with algae build up. Thanks for any help!

Back